Uncover Hidden Dream Meanings
Flying dreams are very interesting and as with airplane dreams - flying is very common.
It is common to "remember" that you are in a dream because flying is unnatural in waking life and you might feel strange. Turning to dream psychologist the dream meaning is largely associated with our relationships in life. Flying means you normally feel unhappy in waking life and that you are totally out of control. Dreaming of flying in the air normally happens when one feels somewhat “out of control” in life. This can be connected to our own ambitions or even self-esteem. Flying in most dream books represents your own ambitions, that you are “flying higher” in life. The question that you need to ask yourself is: are you overworked or stressed out? Maybe you just need a vacation or some time to chill out. Flying dreams are generally a wake-up call to your conscious mind. Having experienced flying in your dream is a true characteristic of lucid dreaming.
Flying in the sky can imply that you will have a sudden realization in life. To dream of flying in the sky is also connected to some practical difficulties in your waking life. These difficultiesies could involve a lack of financial security, difficulty in expressing yourself at work, creativity in your job, micro-management from a boss or colleague, or a general lack of belief in your own abilities. Any of these situations could result in you feeling oppressed and you need to have a solid belief in yourself.
Freud said that these types of dreams often mean that you have some type of recollection of playing games in your life. If you dream that you are flying just before you go to sleep then this shows that you must make the right decision in your career at the moment. These dreams often mean that you have a range of possibilities and freedoms in your life right now. If you find yourself floating your dream then this is an indication of complete relaxation and it is time to just let events follow their course. See the dream meaning of floating by clicking here.
If you feel distress in your dream this is an indication that you have to take charge of the situation, it may stop. These dreams are also associated with longing some type of freedom in your life and letting go previous events. If you are falling in your dream then this indicates that you feel there is a lack of support around you at the moment. In your waking life you feel some sense of support has vanished and that you have carrying many problems on your back. To fly or fall subsequently represents that you feel you need to be free of all your troubles in your life. If there any chance we can take a long holiday?
If you are flying and you notice a birds eye view then this is a common theme within are flying dreams and this indicates that you are trying to gain perspective on your true destiny as well as trying to make a plan of escaping a difficult situation. This indicates that you cannot allow other people to control you, this dream is about thinking outside the box and taking a close opportunity that has not yet presented itself.
This dream should be positive and if you willingly chose to fly then this indicates that there are many invisible opportunities on the horizon. The other indication that this dream is associated with freedom is the aspects of spiritual astral travel. This is when the soul has the ability to transcend between your waking life and lucid dreaming. The in other words you are trying to seek spiritual freedom typical dream among society. The character you play in your dream also represents the course of action that you should take in everyday life.
If you are taking a flight on an aeroplane or mode of transport then this indicates that you may encounter some unpleasant news in the future. If you are female and you dream of taking flight then this shows that it is important to keep in your character in dealing with others especially lover. If anything is flying away from you then this shows that you are going to conquer over people who are trying to damage your reputation.
The key message of this dream is the you need to understand the bigger picture and the fact that you need to have more confidence in your ability moving forward. If you are flying upwards then this indicates that you are trying to release yourself from limitations which have recently affected your life in some way. If you are flying downwards then this indicates that there may be an attempt to understand your subconscious mind. This is a wake-up call to how you manage events in your life. If you have been feeling the weight of responsibilities in your waking life we recently this dream indicates that you need to have more faith in your ability.
If you are a passenger in an aircraft such as a plane then this dream shows that it is important to recognise that things have got out of control. If however, you are the piloting this dream indicates that you have that control. It is time to stop making excuses and start to achieve something that is important to you.
Ancient Dream Meaning
- For a person to see themselves as a bird in their dream is a sign that you are trying to accomplish something which is proving difficult. This dream also shows that you have a great desire for independence and it is important to recognize that you need to understand what is trying you down.
To dream that you are flying outside and that in any point the experience was unpleasant denotes that somebody is finding it difficult to trust you at the moment.
- If you are flying extremely high distance and you can see things from above then this indicates there is a lot of happiness and contentment and success in your life to come.
- If you are flying or floating and suddenly you fall then it is a sure sign that you will have some disappointment in connection with a social activity.
If you dream of flying past planets in your dream indicates (according to the old dream interpretation theorists) that there are likely to be some disappointments in world affairs. If you are floating in your dream then this indicates a fantastic symbol of success and prosperity - if you did not have any trouble staying afloat. If you are a woman then you may need to be careful with whom you talk to as gossip or slander is likely. If you are flying through space then this indicates that you are going to overcome any material difficulties.
- The landscape in your dream is important and it is recommended that you search the A-Z above within the Aunty Flo dream dictionary to gain more of an overview.
- If you have wings in your dream this is generally positive omen – if they are not black. If the wings on a man are black then this shows there are likely disappointments in the near future. If you are a man and you dream that you have white wings this foretells there are going to be some success in business affairs in the future. If a women, quite peaceful times are going to be ahead of you. If you have wings then this dream shows that things are going to be happy and that new beginnings are afoot!
- If the landscape below you is barren and not occupied then this indicates that prosperity is going to be hard to come by.
- If you are flying from one city in the world to another then declarations of love are likely in the future.
- If you are threatened while you are flying then somebody needs to talk to you about a problem in waking life. If you are shocked at flying or in any way the event is disappointing then this shows that you are going to have to overcome a disturbing and worry some situation in the near future.
- If you see any birds in your dream while you are flying then this shows that you’re going to enjoy social gatherings with others.
- This dream also signifies that if you are involved in a legal case then it is a sure sign that justice will prevail. If you find yourself flying with birds then responsibility will come your way. It is important not harbour any negative feelings and your life will work towards peace and happiness.
- If you are able to freely fly and go where you want in your dream then this shows that events in your drop all your home life will be positive.
- If you try to keep flying in your dream and you are unable to do so then this is a negative indication and represents that you have been struggling to get freedom in a situation which requires it.
- If you are are on a bed, chair, or magic carpet then this signifies that great things are seen on the way. Another key message of this dream is that it is important you look after yourself and your health at the moment.
- If you are flying with a group of people or they are watching you on the ground in amazement then this indicates that you are going to talk to others who will be able to help solve a problem which has been worrying you.
- If you are flying low to the ground then this usually indicates that there are going to be some difficult situations in the near future around your how stop this is a wake-up call to look after your body a lot more. If you are flying over water which appears to be muddy then it indicates you must keep your personal life to yourself as your enemies are watching you. To fly over green trees and vegetation generally foretells that a situation is likely to be embarrassing in the future. If you can see clear water below you then your thoughts are going to be important in the future as this is a positive omen. This dream reflects a sense of relief.
- If your dream is associated with an airport of a plane then this shows that you must take hold of opportunities at the moment and that you should not try to commit to things that you do not agree with. If you are a pilot then you feel in control of your lifestyle and that it is time to take on new challenges.
In your dream you may have
- You experience flying in the sky and you can look down at the landscape.
- The scenery in your dream is impressive and you see a birds eye view of the landscape.
- The experience of flying was overbearing and you were terrified during your dream.
- Dreaming of being on a mode of transport such as glider, helicopter, elevator, or aeroplane.
- You are trying to escape by flying away from others.
- you are flying downwards or upwards.
Positive changes are afoot if you are
- Flying because you needed to let go of the feeling and this release that feeling spiritually.
- In a group and the experience was positive.
- Being flattered by somebody positive and that this was a truly unique experience.
- The experience within your dream was seeking spiritual freedom.
- Your ability to transcend into another being in order to fly is a positive omen.
- Able to go back down to the ground easily.
This dream is in association with the following scenarios in your life
- You have been finding that you have lacked money recently.
- This dream indicates that you are trying to escape from a situation.
- You have some untapped creative talent in your job that you have unable to use.
- A boss has been micromanaging you and this dream has occurred in order for you to recognise that you need to escape from this person.
- You have been feeling that there are a number of family commitments around you. This dream could indicates that you have been thinking about your own independence recently.
- It is time to make sure that you let events happen at their own pace.
- You have been letting things pass you by without thinking about them deeply.
- Other people have been interfering with your business and you've been trying to keep matters important to you to yourself.
- It is time for a new change in your life.
- You are aware that things have not been as they seem and that you need to find the strength in order to change situations.
- If you are feeling uncomfortable in your dream about the experience then you have to take charge of your life more.
- Theorists such as Freud believed that this dream was connected to a sexual need and that the dream is a product of our own childhood in which we felt free and that we had no responsibilities.
- Other theorists such as Carl Jung interpreted flying as a symbol of negative feelings.
Please also see the meaning of water by clicking here.
To learn about the meaning of an areoplane / planes please click here.
To learn the meaning of a areoplane crash please click here.
Feelings that you may have encountered during a dream of flying or floating
Strange. Appreciation. Happy. Concerned. Shocked. Wisdom. Ability to do anything. Chaos. Acceptance of spiritual life. Identification of our own destiny. Tranquility. Danger. Floating. Relaxation. Uncomfortable. Distress. Action. Uncontrollable force. Frightening. Overwhelming. Anxiety. Inability to cope. Floods of tears. Release.