Uncover Hidden Dream Meanings
Just before you retire to sleep you have the sensation that you are falling? like your standing on the edge of a cliff.
Do you feel or see your body dropping into the unknown? Alternatively, you may be watching somebody else fall from a cliff edge or other high places such as bridges or mountains. You could also see yourself flying, and then falling.
The causes of a falling dream
A dream of falling can have a number of explanations. Most likely you have experienced changes in your body, for example a drop in blood pressure or a muscle spasm. People generally experience the falling sensation prior to falling asleep, as it signifies a detachment of the physical body to the dreaming body. You should not look for a meaning of a dream if you encountered falling when you actually went to sleep.
If however, you dream of falling in your actual dream, then this takes on a new meaning. The falling sensation generally indicates the fear of losing security or a relationship. If you see yourself falling, but do not have the sensation, then it demonstrates a fear of failure. Most people experience this dream if they are focused on their career, with a strong indication of wanting security around what they do.
Detailed dream interpretation
The ancient meaning of this dream is that if you fall and you are scared, then you are going to undergo some important endeavors that could be a great struggle. However, it is likely that the struggle will eventually lead to material possessions. The dream is quite negative. If you are injured during the fall in this instance you are likely to encounter hardships and loss of friendship. An additional meaning is connected with sexual surrender, and that you need to feel more in control of your life.
Landing at the bottom or end of something
If you hit the end of your fall, this dream indicates deep concern, and that you are losing out on a relationship. It suggests that the relationship will work much better if you can express your feelings towards this person. The key of this dream is to actually understand and think about the feelings you encounter, as this will allow you to interpret and acknowledge which area of your life the dream refers to.
Dreams of others falling
If you are helpless while other people fall in your dream, this indicates that there is nothing to do rather than let go of your old life and move forward. If you dream that you are falling from a window or a plane, this refers to your fear of being out of control, and you need to discover ways allowing yourself to reach high places.
Are you on the edge of a cliff?
If you find yourself on the edge of a cliff, this is associated with making sure that you give yourself an overview of your own life, status and situation, especially connected to your career. A dream of a cliff edge is generally associated with intensity, which means you have to have clarity and examine how your life could develop within the next twelve months. During this time it is important to decide what you actually want out of life, because new challenges and new approaches are likely to occur. What is interesting to understand is what exactly do you find at the bottom of the cliff? What are you actually falling into? If you are in a lift or elevator, what floor do you plan to get off? Is it time to let go and allow natural things in your life to occur?
Old dream theory - including the C. J. Jung dream meaning
Jung has suggested that this dream could be a warning in regard to your everyday life, because you are acting in a high handed fashion, which is disproportionate to your real capabilities. In a nutshell, you are living above yourself. If you find that your dream is such a warning, it is likely to encounter some obstacles in the future. Falling is also associated with loss, most notably a loss of self-control and judgment.
If you are gradually falling, it means that you may need to comfort yourself in connection with a decision that you do not know if it was the right one. When a well-known person falls in your dream, it indicates there are times that this person makes you feel out of control in your waking life. If the person is famous, but you do not actually know them personally, this tells you that you are going to let other people take control of the situation in your home life.
If you fall out of bed in your dream, this may represent an unconscious desire to succeed in whatever you are doing. Some dream interpretations suggest that falling refers to re-entering the physical body from the state of dreaming.
In connection with you love life, to dream of falling can be interpreted as a failure of not being in the relationship that you desire. You may feel that you are threatened by a lack of commitment in your love life, and the fear of falling means you need to feel that you are falling in love again.
Such a dream arising during the hypnogogic state indicates that you may need grounding, and it could be in the spiritual sense. It generally means you need to make sure that you have the ability to take care of your own situations. A useful meditation that you can practice is to close your eyes for 15 minutes and visualize there are tree roots growing from your feet and gaping right into the ground to the Earth's core.
If you have experienced this dream, the best method to overcome your inner insecurities is to imagine you are immersing yourself in a hot, bright and lovely rainbow, and you are taking all the energies from the rainbow and putting them into your life, wrapping them around you to make sure that you will not be fearful in the future.
In your dream you may have
- Visualized that you are standing on the edge of a cliff crumbling into the sea, and you subsequently fall off the edge.
- Encountered the sensation that you are falling just before you actually go to sleep.
- Felt your stomach hurt as you fell from great heights.
- Been scared of falling in your dream.
- Felt that you are going to fall from a plane.
- Seen somebody else who is falling.
Positive changes are afoot if
- You experience any positive feelings during this dream.
- You feel a sense of achievement by standing on the edge of a cliff.
- You land safely from a fall.
- You enjoy falling and the experience brought by it.
- You have seen somebody else falling rather than yourself.
It is time to re-evaluate life circumstances if
- At the conclusion of the dream you are scared.
- You suddenly wake up feeling disturbed in the dream.
- You are carrying the feeling of falling and the fear associated with this dream with you in your waking life.
This dream is in association with the following scenarios in your life
- If you are trying to hang on to a situation at work, to dream of falling in this instance means that there will be changes in your career that you resist.
- You find it difficult to express your feelings, or release your talent and creativity.
- You are trying to control other people that are close to you in your life. To dream of falling may indicate that it is time for you to allow others to have their hopes and plans for the future.
- You do not want to let go of a social position in your life at the moment, which may result in financial hardship.
- Have you been acting childish recently? This is connected to expectations. People may find that you have been acting in accordance with your beliefs and wishes.
Feelings that you may have encountered during a dream of falling
Sinking heart. Worried. Scared. Unsafe. Out-of-control. Confused. Powerful. Threatened. Shocked. Angry. Concerned. Fearful.