What does the name Camille mean?
The name Camille is a unisex name. It is from the flower name Camelia and means swiftness of foot.
It is pronounced Kaa-MIY-IY or Kaa-MIY-L. Camille's origin is French. The height of usage was in 2003 where 0.064% of girls were called Camille. It has a ranking of #255 since then. In 2010, it ranked #273 with a usage of 0.062%, it was also the second most popular after Camila.
What does Camille mean?
- Origin: French
- Quick Meaning: Swiftness of Foot
- Number of letters: 7, Those 7 letters total to 28
- Gender: Girl
- Latin: Male Variant of Camillus: Temple servant.
- Latin: Female Servant for the temple.
- French: Male/ The French form of Camilla or Camillus.
- French: Female The French form of Camilla or Camillus.
- Famous bearer: The famous 1936 Greta Garbo film 'Camille'.
- English: Female Variant of the flower name Camelia.
- Born leader
- Hard worker
- Good at studying for exams
- Good with people
- Likes peace and quite
- Has a big ego
- Does not listen to others
- Always wants to be in charge
By Flo Saul
Sep 20, 2012