Solid Color Carnation
Uncover Hidden Flowers meanings
Carnations have the most interesting colors.
Clearly, striped carnations have a more complicated meaning unlike solid color carnations which are simpler to interpret. Solid color carnations are the best symbols of love. You don’t really have to go with one shade to show someone how much you love them. You can mix pink carnations, white carnations and red carnations into one bouquet.
White carnations signify good luck and it is best paired with a color green dyed carnation for St. Patrick’s Day. It’s a double whammy of good luck for the woman you’re going to give these flowers to. You can also go with using just red carnations. Pick them out in different hues of red to express your love for your sweetheart.
- Name: Solid Color Carnation
- Color: Carnations stand out from other flowers simply because they come in the most vibrant colors. Just when you thought that you had only red, white and pink carnations to choose from, there are also purples, yellow and also orange ones. That’s not even mentioning the striped varieties of carnations.
- Shape: Carnations can look like big pompoms or small pompoms. Depending on the distribution of the petals on the stem, carnations also have a ruffled look to them.
- Fact: One color that solid color carnations can have is blue. The thing is, this isn’t a pigment that the plant can produce for itself. Blue carnations are created through plant breeding.
- Poisonous: No matter what color the carnation has, it’s poisonous. It’s more so with the leaves but the flowers can also irritate people’s skin.
- Number of Petals: Based on the distribution of the petals in a carnation, it can be quite the challenge to see how many petals it has. Mainly, carnations have five petals, although it can have as many as 40 as well.
- Victorian Interpretation: Solid color carnations can have different meanings. But if you give out carnation with a solid color, you’re saying yes to someone. Be it an offer of love, admiration or gratitude, you’re sending out a big yes to this person. But as you focus on the colors that carnations can have, white means pure love and innocence, red means admiration and deep love, and pink means unforgettable.
- Basically, solid color carnations mean “yes” – except for yellow carnation which signifies rejection. Also, a carnation with streak of white lines or stripes on it means “NO”.
- Blossom Time: For any of the color varieties of carnations, they go into full bloom in late spring. From June to August, you’ll have the most colorful garden if you fill it with carnations of different colors.
Just like the Victorian interpretation, superstitions are also attached to solid color carnations – and may be utterly differently from country to country. While red carnations are a symbol of luck for people like President McKinley, it’s also a symbol of death to the Japanese. Mostly, white carnations mean pure love and are a great gift of luck for a woman – but it’s more a funeral flower in Japan. Pink carnations are used for fortune telling in Korea but in the west – it’s a flower for Mother’s Day.
- The Shape: The solid color carnation has a pompom shape. It’s got ruffles and fringes all around it.
- Petals: The reason why carnations are one of the most popular flowers in the world is their petals. They have an interesting formation of five petals to 40 petals.
- Numerology: Whichever solid color carnation you prefer to have around your home or to give to someone you care about, this flower is the number 5 in numerology.
- Color: Solid color carnations can be red, pink, yellow, white, and purple. They mean love mostly but they can also depict qualities like encouragement, admiration and devotion.
Herbalism and Medicine:
Regardless of what solid color the carnation has, it’s an herb that helps in various health problems. It is regarded as a guard against poisoning, calms the nervous system, increase sweat production, enhance health of the heart and helps ease muscle spasms.