Uncover Hidden Dream Meanings
Pop...Unlike balloons filled with air which have the potential to float above the world, water balloons are heavy since they are weighed down with water.
The purpose of a water balloon is to serve as a playful type of grenade thrown during a game. The fun derives from the unexpectedness of the explosion and the subsequent splash. Since water in dreams is associated with emotions, then water balloons in dreams represent emotions which have been bottled and directed at other people.
Detailed dream meaning
To dream of throwing a water balloon in play suggests that you have pent up emotions which you are attempting to vent in a playful way. You may have difficulty expressing yourself directly and rely on humor, self-deprecation, understatement or exaggeration to get your point across. This is particularly true if there is an imbalance of power between yourself and the person at whom the balloon was thrown, or if you are young or female. Dreaming of throwing a water balloon in anger denotes that you are prone to outbursts of emotion which take others by surprise. The dream, in this case, is an indication that you need to work on releasing your feelings in a more positive way before your self-expression becomes more harmful to those around you.
Dreaming of being hit by a water balloon signifies that you have been the target of someone else's emotional onslaught; however, you may be unaware consciously that you have been attacked. The dream is the attempt by your subconscious to make you aware of that you have false friends or insincere relationships. Being hit by a stranger suggests that you are in a social or political environment that is full of disingenuous people and you need to avoid becoming a target. Being hit by someone who is known to you, like a family member or friend, implies that there is conflict in your relationship which has not yet become completely acrimonious.
A dream in which you are filling a water balloon is alerting you to the fact that your anger, despair or frustration are building and while you are dealing with the situation in a playful way. You need to defuse the situation before it explodes. Dropping a water balloon, on the other hand, signifies that you are willing to let something that is bothering you go.
To dream of playing hot potato with water, balloon indicates that there is emotional uncertainty within your circle of friends and family, but your loving bonds minimize the impact of any conflict. A dream in which you are juggling water balloons also suggests a measure of emotional uncertainty, but in this case, the dream implies that you have difficulty expressing your feelings in any way that is not potentially self-destructive.
Dreaming of floating water balloons in a larger pool of water signifies that you have partitioned a portion of your psyche away from your waking self.
In this dream you may have
- Thrown a water balloon can suggest you are expressing your ideas.
- Been hit by a water balloon thrown by a stranger indicates in a dream that you have clear bonds with others.
- Been hit by a water balloon thrown by a friend or family member that this person is "false" in real life.
- Filled a water balloon indicates your emotions are out of control.
- Dropped a water balloon indicates that you are having difficulties.
- Juggled water balloons mean that you will emotional get braver in life.
- Played hot potato with a water balloon suggests you will juggle problems in life.
- Floated a water balloon in a tub or pool means you will turn to people for advice.
Positive changes are afoot if
- You played with a water balloon without being splashed.
- You enjoyed being splashed by a water balloon.
- You dropped a water balloon.
This dream is in association with the following scenarios in your life
- A conflict with a co-worker.
- Not fitting in at work or school.
- Being excluded by a clique.
- Putting your foot in your mouth
Feelings that you may have encountered during a dream of Water Balloons
Apprehension. Lightheartedness. Anger. Uncertainty. Hurt Feelings. Maturity. Childishness. Consummation. Provocation. Dignity. Graciousness. Vexation. Immaturity. Annoyance.
By Flo Saul
Oct 16, 2012