Uncover Hidden Dream Meanings
Clothing of any kind is important in a dream because often clothing is a clue on how we feel about ourselves, the acceptance of those around us, and how we are able to express ourselves in the waking world.
A complete wardrobe, for example, will have a different meaning than a raggedy or dilapidated wardrobe. Pay close attention to the colors, the fabrics, and the fit of the clothes in a wardrobe during your dream. Consider your own thoughts on how you see yourself or how you are feeling about yourself when you have a dream of a wardrobe. Sometimes this can also reflect how you feel that other people see you – such wearing clothing then looking in the mirror and seeing something different. Distortions allow you to see your own insecurities and work on them.
Detailed dream meaning
Dreaming of a wardrobe is usually a sign of your own thoughts about you. The one different interpretation is when you dream of a wardrobe being one that is not yours. Sometimes you will find clothing in your wardrobe that is definitely not yours. When you see this it can be a sign that your partner is cheating on you. If you have insecurities in your waking life they can be expressed through these kinds of dreams.
When you use a wardrobe to take you to another place – such as a fairy land or a far way place, consider how you are running away from problems in your own life or not owning up to your responsibilities. Sometimes in dreams like this, something will be found in a wardrobe which can indicate a change coming your way. For example, a baby in a wardrobe can indicate that you are going to be responsible for a child that may not be your own or that someone close to you will need help taking care of children. Finding money in a wardrobe is a sign that someone else needs your help. These are questions for your own integrity and a challenge if you will do the right thing or not.
The clothing specifically that makes up a wardrobe will usually reflect how you see yourself. Tattered wardrobes indicate feeling low or that you are not worthy of nice things. Ornate and flashy clothing can indicate that you are being shallow. Nice but not ‘too nice’ clothing that fits and is comfortable is a great sign of feeling good about yourself, confidence, and a good energy around you for success.
This dream is in association with the following scenarios in your life
- Being yourself.
- Hiding your true self from others.
- Wishing you had more than you do.
- Respecting self.
- Reflecting on how others see you.
- Taking on new responsibilities.
- Wishing you could have something different – not being realistic in your expectations.
In this dream you may have
- Bought a new wardrobe.
- Went into a wardrobe and found a new land (such as in the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe).
- Needed new clothes.
- Threw out old clothes.
- Had a wardrobe that was broken, tarnished, or made of poor cloths.
- Had a nice, fine, or rich wardrobe.
- Dressed in clothing that didn’t suit you.
- Had a wardrobe that was not right – such as clothes for a dance that were all pajamas or pauper clothing.
Positive changes are afoot if
- You have a fine new wardrobe.
- Someone gives you something nice to wear.
- You share your clothing with someone less fortunate than you
Feelings that you may have encountered during a dream of a Wardrobe
Happy. Pretty. Nice. Different. Creative. Charmed. Appreciated. Wistful. Dirty. Torn. Privileged. Undeserving. Unkind. Startled. Curious. Shocked. Angry. Confusion. Mistrust. Accusatory.