Uncover Hidden Dream Meanings
So you were waiting for something in the dream? Did you know that to dream that you are waiting suggests control issues and feelings of dependence or independence in a relationship?
Consider how you feel while you wait. If you are patient, then you know things will happen by themselves. If you are impatient, it means that you are asking too much and that your expectations are too high. It can also suggest your expectations and your anxieties about something unknown to you, or about making a decision. You are anticipating something. You are ready to act.
Detailed dream interpretation
Waiting dreams can mean a host of things to different people, for example hurrying to catch a mode of transport, especially a connection, means that you are too ambitious and worried about failure. When you dream of waiting for things that relate to transport, such as waiting for a bus, car, plane, or being at the airport or a bus stop, the dream can symbolize many things. If you regularly travel every day on a train, for example, this is not out of the ordinary, as you are only projecting your daily existence.
- Waiting in a traffic jam: To be waiting in a traffic jam in a dream indicates that you may currently be unable to move forward in your life (in a given situation) in a consistent, meaningful way. This dream can also occur because of a tendency to adjust too often to outer social trends and beliefs. It is important to stick to an inner core of individual direction that is based on personal reasons.
- Waiting for transport: You need to be able to differentiate between dreams of routine and those that convey a message to you. If you dream of waiting at a bus stop, this shows the opportunities that you currently are not taking in consideration, or that you do not have a clear grasp of all the prospects for the future. You could fail if you do not take these opportunities. If you are waiting for a plane it means you are not being direct enough in your approach, and that you know sometimes in life people walk over you. If you are waiting for a train, this indicates that you feel you need to get to some point, but it is never apparent.
The reason your goal is not apparent is that you need to make the decision. Missing any form of connection, from one mode of transport to another will show that you are conscious of all the things you have missed in your life, and you are better off thinking of all the great things that you can do in the future. If you have seen any mode of transport turn up and for some reason, you do not catch it, it obviously a sign that you are worried about your career. The only way to sort this out is to recognize it and start to build a change towards something that you wish to do. Being in a waiting room indicates your uncertainty about a project in your waking life. If you simply walk through the waiting room in the dream, it means that you are about to receive important help at work.
In your dream you may have
- Waited alone.
- Been in a waiting room.
- Waited for a bus.
- Waited with other people.
- Been tired of waiting.
- Waited at a bus stop.
- Waited at the airport.
- Waited for somebody you love.
- Waited for a plane.
- Waited for a train.
- Waited in traffic jam.
Positive changes are afoot if
- You were patient while waiting for something.
- You did not become angry while waiting.
- You were waiting for something worthwhile.
- You were waiting with a friend or loved one.
Feelings that you may have encountered during a dream of waiting
Impatient. Frustrated. Upset. Angry. Tired.