Uncover Hidden Dream Meanings
Temptation in a dream is associated with how one feels in waking life.
Temptation is a sign that one needs to experience emotions. It has been said (in real life) that temptations must be avoided at all cost. Though it may take discipline, we may have the ability to avoid temptation’s in waking life - but what if temptations seep into the realms of our dreams?
In the dream state we have no control of the events that are unfolding before us? Temptations are deemed immoral by the society in which we belong. But when it comes to dreamland, it’s a different story since temptations convey a rather different meaning in relation to dreaming.
It is important to know the things you consider as temptations. For instance, some may consider an invitation to drink at a party all night long as a temptations while others do not. When you already know and are aware of what tempt’s you, interpreting why the temptations are featured in your dream.
In your dream you may have
- You are surrounded by temptation.
- Enjoying the temptation that surrounds you.
- Tempted by food, drink or anything else that is addctive in a dream.
- Successfully overcome temptations - and are happy about it.
- Successfully overcome temptation but are saddened or upset that you did.
Positive changes are afoot if
- You dream of being around temptation.
- Something pleasant or satisfying happens in the dream state.
- The dream supports you or something you’ve been fighting for, something you want to achieve in real life or both is tempting.
- This dream is associated with having a capability to conquer a current event, thus, discharging personal emotions and energy of being strong.
- This dream strengthens you as a person that is it clarifies what you wish to go after what you want – in real life!
Detailed dream interpretation
Temptations may be considered inappropriate and even immoral by the society in which we live. But temptations convey a different meaning in relation to dreaming.
To dream of being surrounded by the things you consider as temptations and you enjoyed the company of these temptations in your dream. This serves as a warning to you. To dream that temptations surround you means someone is jealous of you. That person will try to damage your life by trying to induce your friends to turn their backs on you in whatever way possible.
On the other hand, if you have successfully overcome temptation and weren’t happy or if you have second-thoughts or had regretted anything in life, it can mean that you are letting opportunities pass by.
To successfully overcome temptations in the dream state and be happy and proud of such an accomplishment means that you will also be triumphant in going after what you want in reality. Happily resisting temptations in your dream means that a current affair, event or project in your life may face opposition. The great news is that in the end you will be the winner.
If in your dream you do not see a temptation in your dream but you may think of it and successfully practice self-control in your dream. This means that you may feel overconfident in your life. This serves as a caution against over-confidence.
Feelings that you may have encountered during a dream of a temptation
Pleasure, joy, satisfaction, regret, fulfilled, proud.
By Flo Saul
Mar 19, 2013