Uncover Hidden Dream Meanings
Dreaming of red indicates passion, fire, and romance.
In a dream you can see the color red in any shade or the entire tint of your vision might be red such as in seeing red or rose colored glasses. When you notice a lot of red in a dream then you want to be aware of your own feelings and understand that your psyche is trying to convey feeling or emotion through the color as a way to get your attention.
In this dream you may have
- Seen red a lot.
- Had your vision see red.
- Noticed red items.
- Drove a red car.
- Put on red lipstick.
- Been very angry.
- Given or received something that is red.
- Purchased something that was red.
Positive changes are afoot if
- You see red and have feelings of romance or sexuality in a healthy fashion.
- You notice many red objects in a dream and find them helpful to draw your attention.
Detailed dream meaning
When you dream about any color you want to take into account what the color means in relation to your own feelings. The color you dream of in a dream indicates your own emotion about the dream itself.
Feelings that can be associated with the color red in a dream are
- Warning / Danger.
Consider the aspect of the dream and what emotion best applies. If there was a lack of emotion in a dream then usually the true meaning is repressed and you are not meant to know. In this case then you need to take the color into account with your meaning and be honest with your own life.
- Less frequently: red can link with blood; menstruation; the biological life force; conception; reproduction; death.
- Pale pink: baby feelings; gentle love; weakness.
- Red and grey often appear together: emotions connected with depression or lack of motivation and pleasure.
- Red brick building: homeliness; warmth.
- Red clothes or motif: sexuality; passion; strong emotions.
- Red earth: fertility; richness; the healing power of the body; the collective memory of past human struggles and discoveries which we now inherit as personal or social skills, or ease of performance of things that would have been difficult or impossible for our ancestors.
- Red eyes: this usually suggests feelings or fears about sickness or being irrational or deeply emotional.
- Red face: anger; high emotion; illness .
- Red hair: passionate thoughts, angry ideas, great energy like a fire. See: hair.
- Red flowers: love; passion; dangers of passion.
- Red furniture or decor; plush: richness; comfort.
- Rose pink: Love, as one might give to a child.
If you notice the color in a dream and red stands out or pops out at you then this can be a distraction for you and indicating that you are being distracted in your waking world from the real issue. Focus your attention on the dream and try to remember all that you can, and which you didn’t see or that you saw from the corner of your eye in your dream to see what you may be missing. Often the answer is in the dream, but it is something that you don’t want to know such as your partner is cheating on you or that your accountant is stealing from you. Traditionally when red is a distraction it is distracting your mind from the truth because you can’t handle the obvious at that moment and in a way you know what is going on but for one reason or another you want to pretend that it is not really happening. Because of this sometimes it is best not to dig too deeply in dreams like these.
Because the color red is a passionate one, it is a good color to have when you are interested in someone and whenever you see red associated with a person that you are interested in or a partner in your dream, then it is a good omen for passion and closeness between you and this person. Red is also the color of creation and can indicate the rekindling of an old romance or lighting the fire under a new one.
This dream is in association with the following scenarios in your life
- Not seeing truths that are right in front of you
- Being cautious or using careful judgment
- Starting a relationship
- Rekindling a flame of passion
- Starting a new project or gateway in your life
Feelings that you may have encountered during a dream of the color red
Love. Happiness. Fire. Intense. Creative. Nervous. Anger. Aggression. Passion. Caution.