Uncover Hidden Dream Meanings
A procession is a walk that people take for multiple reasons.
Sometimes processions are religious affairs, sometimes they are for the military, and others still are for funerals. The type of procession is a big indicator for your dream interpretation.
In this dream you may have
- Seen people walking in a procession for a religious or spiritual reason.
- Seen a re-enactment of a procession (such as cultural or religious processions)
- Been to a funeral and been in one of the cards of the procession.
- Walked in a procession for an important social cause.
- Wished you were someone in a procession (such as queen or president)
- Were a figurehead killed in a procession.
- Threw something into a procession (such as beads or rice)
- Had a procession for a major life event such as marriage.
- Were asked to lead a procession.
- Questioned the reasoning for a procession.
- Got lost or lost someone you were within a procession.
- Used a procession as a way to escape someone that was chasing you.
Positive changes are afoot if
- Were a figure head in a procession.
- The procession was in your honor.
- You left a funeral in a procession.
Detailed dream meaning
In general, seeing a procession in your dream with many people is a sign of being a part of something or needing people around you in your waking life. When there are many people together for the same cause or conviction then you may want to pay attention to the areas in your own life and your own convictions. Standing together is an important aspect of your life and you may wish that you had more support for your own actions. A lot of the time a dream like this will reflect a relationship where you are not feeling like you are on the same page as your partner – distancing between the two of you. If you have children this can also be a sign of not feeling supported by your partner in raising your children.
When there is a rank to the procession and you are in the midst of it, your own placement is important. Being at the head of the procession, or having the procession in your honor is a good sign. It shows that you are feeling confident and is often a sign that positive attentions are coming your way. This can be in love, with someone noticing you and a beautiful relationship starting… or at work and having your hard work noticed by someone above you where it will lead to a gain of some sort. If you are in the back of the procession or lost in the crowd then you may want to consider ways in which you are holding yourself back or not giving yourself the credit you deserve.
Processions for funerals are indications of holding on to the past in your life. If you are on the way to the funeral it shows that your own focus on the past is causing you to be held back in your own life. The past is the past and you need to not let it define you. Moving on from a funeral in a procession however, is a good sign. This is an indication that you are moving forward. Acknowledge how far you have come and enable yourself to continue on a path of healing.
A happy procession or one of celebration is often said to indicate health and harmony within a home. When you experience a happy time with many people where everyone is working together in the dream then this is a positive sign that your home life is or will be going well in the near future.
Spiritually a dream of a procession can indicate needing or wanting life-minded people around you. It can be a call to go to church or guilt over not being more true to your own faiths. Consider ways in which you can fill up your spiritual cup in order to feel more whole and complete.
This dream is in association with the following scenarios in your life
- Happiness in the home.
- A new love.
- Moving on from the past.
- Being stuck on the past.
- Defining yourself based on something that happened to you in your past.
- Feeling unsupported by a partner in a relationship about an important issue such as work or child rearing.
- Allowing yourself to shine – recognizing your own self worth.
Feelings that you may have encountered during a dream of a procession
Happy. Jovial. Entertained. Enlightened. Awe. Peace. Welcoming. Thankful. Blessed. Cherished. Approving. Nice. Great. Grateful. Aware. Sorrow. Loss. Sadness. Depressed.
By Flo Saul
Oct 12, 2012