Paralysis / Paralyzed
Uncover Hidden Dream Meanings
When one dreams of Paralysis this is indicative of your current state of being.
This happens sometimes when you are in the dream state known as REM sleep because this causes us to relax ultimately in the body while our mind is extremely awake and available.
When dreaming of this state of being this represents a period in your life where you feel helpless or discouraged and unable to process the difficulties you experience in life.
This means that you are going to need to allow yourself to accept the help of others so that you can move forward.
Often times, there will be others in the dream who help you up and help you get the aid that you need which represents the individuals that need to help you during this challenging time.
It is a reminder not to be too stuck or stubborn about allowing help to show up from others.
There is a chance that you do not feel capable of dealing with a situation because you feel like you are incapable of handling your emotions. This kind of dreaming is connected to other kinds of sleep issues, such as night terrors and the feeling of being possessed.
In this dream you may have
- Awoken within your dream feeling full body paralysis causing you to feel terrified because you feel that you are not able to control your bodily functions, this is the case as well in your waking life.
- Experienced the Paralysis in your feet or arms thus showing your fear of not being able to escape all of the stresses of your life of your own accord.
- Found yourself Paralyzed in a relationship setting, having lost your voice and becoming mute.
- Became fearful that you would never get out of being paralyzed and you would miss out on many benefits in your life.
Positive changes are afoot if
- You found peace and acceptance in your state of Paralysis
- You healed from the Paralysis, gaining all motor functions again
- All blood rushed back into your feet and legs and you found yourself running, thus taking charge over your future movement.
- You gave yourself a massage which enabled you to stay away from being paralyzed.
Detailed dream meaning
Dreaming of Paralysis in the dream it is actually relatively easy to trace because one can figure it out while dreaming that you are dreaming, and when this happens, usually the Paralysis goes away.
However, there is usually an energy of being crushed or of being restrained by others.
Often these kinds of dreams are connected with the Occult in the form of demons or even witches because there is a belief that these kinds of energies can have a controlling influence.
Whether or not this is true in reality, this belief controls the dreaming mind.
Often times the feelings associated with this kind of dream is fear of the uncontrollable.
This dream is in association with the following scenarios in your life
- Feeling stuck and afraid of moving forward in your life.
- Found yourself feeling as though you are incapable of getting yourself out of the uncomfortable situations you find yourself.
- Deciding to start anew.
Feelings that you may have encountered during a dream of Paralysis or Paralyzed
Fear. Resentment. Lack of control. Uncertainty. Freedom. Illness. Indecision. Frustration. Devastation. Sadness. Control. Clarity.
By Flo Saul
Oct 12, 2012