Uncover Hidden Dream Meanings
When one dreams of a Pacifier there is an energy of needing to be taken care of, to have someone giving you something which is going to feel like sustenance, which is going to bring you comfort.
You are in a place in your life where you are feeling as though you need to revert a little to your uncertain past in your childhood when things were simpler. This usually happens when the world has become too complicated and you must find a way back to peace. You have put too much on your plate and you need a break, a pacifier in you dream symbolizes that you are willing to put aside the fears of your life and you are looking to find something better.
In this dream you may have
- Been in a sea of Pacifiers representing your desire to be pacified in a multi level kind of way. You need to feel connected no matter what you do and you need to feel cared for.
- You were sucking on a pacifier like a baby.
- You were a baby, sucking on a pacifier symbolizing your desire to go back into your childhood and back to simpler times.
- You wanted the Pacifiers of others and were refused, symbolizing others roles in making you feel like you need to be the adult at all times which can be relatively exhausting.
Positive changes are afoot if
- You found that you no longer needed the Pacifier but instead found yourself helping others wean themselves off of them showing your own personal connection to helping others evolve.
- The Pacifier made you feel comforted.
- The Pacifier was given to you by your parents showing your desire to be nurtured relived.
- You felt encouraged to grow up after having some time with the Pacifier because no one was making fun of you about it.
Detailed dream meaning
You need someone in your life that is going to be able to nurture you and keep you safe for a while until you find that your strength has returned. Often times your guides will be the ones who will tell you how to do this, this is why the pacifier will come up in the first place. They are trying to show you that you need to be taken care of in this way and in so doing you will be able to approach your life from a newer and more productive perspective. Everyone needs a break now and again. This is also illustrative of needing to pay attention to matters of communication or the overall health of the mouth. When one has a pacifier shoved into their mouth, this is a symbol that they must be quiet for a time and listen to the wisdom of others as if they were a child, and when one is sucking on the Pacifier with the emphasis being on the shape of the mouth, there is an illness of the mouth or the teeth that need to be checked out.
This dream is in association with the following scenarios in your life
- Being overwhelmed with adult like responsibilities.
- Not understanding where one’s next meal is going to come from which causes one to want to ignore the current stressful environment one finds selves in.
- The end of a long term relationship either due to a break up or due to a sudden death thus making the individual desire to revert back to more innocent times.
- Too much job responsibility.
Feelings that you may have encountered during a dream of a Pacifier
Attachment. Miscommunication. Overwork. Underpaid. Unhappy. Malcontent. Misunderstanding. Overwhelmed. Busy. Sad. Lack of care. Reverting to childhood ways. Unknowing. Confused. Neglected.
By Flo Saul
Oct 12, 2012