Uncover Hidden Dream Meanings
When one has Orphan dreams this is a common symbol of rejection, abandoning, sadness, and frustration.
This is what happens when we feel completely alone in life and also feel as though we have nowhere to turn. Being an orphan means that you have no connection to your roots, you feel like a wanderer, with no foundation with which to sustain you which can be extremely difficult as a person grows into adulthood.
If an orphan presents themselves within your dream you will find that this directly represents your fear of abandonment as well as all of the feelings you have ever experienced regarding loneliness and rejection. This usually happens when one has recently undergone a break up, or has had to push through a death of someone that they love. This is a hard time in any person’s life because they aren’t able to see the support that may exist in the lives of others.
In this dream you may have...
- Been an orphan thus symbolizing your feelings of solitude and aloneness.
- Had conversations with an Orphan which is symbolic of your mind trying to purge painful memories.
- Saw yourself as a child orphan symbolizing the fact that you have always felt alone, which is something to work on in the waking life because believing in his way can be detrimental to your health and your quality of life.
- Found yourself stuck within an orphanage and unable to find an exit symbolizing you feeling lost and unable to battle through your feelings of abandonment and fear of being alone.
Positive changes are afoot if…
- You found personal power in speaking to your child Orphan self that enabled you to heal the hurt from your childhood which is when you felt the most alone due to either family problems or a general nature toward introspection. As adults we can reclaim these parts of ourselves, and if an Orphan is coming up in your dream this is the right time to find such healing.
- You felt confident as an Orphan and made lots of friends and family
- You helped a lost Orphan find his home thus illustrating your willingness to claim the fact that you can make a home whatever you would like it to be in your waking life. This usually happens when one has begun to get serious in a long term relationship and have begun to build a home with another person.
- You assisted a group of Orphans in finding food and shelter.
Detailed dream meaning...
When one dreams of Orphans or of an Orphanage they are connecting to the side of themselves which feel completely victimized and solitary. Sometimes this behavior is a defense mechanism, so if there is an orphan present who you are trying to care for in the dream, this is showing the need for you to care for your inner Orphan. There is an excellent healing meditation in which one visualizes going deep into the subconscious to visit the childlike self and allowing them to heal from the horrible situations and events of the past in order to get through the difficulties of the current life experience.
This dream is in association with the following scenarios in your life...
- Abandonment issues.
- Hurt feelings.
- Fear of dying alone.
Feelings that you may have encountered during a dream of an Orphan...
Abandonment. Solitary. Alone. Lonely. Fearful. Uncertain. Hungry. Worried. Insecure. Unwell. Afraid. Unhealthy.
By Flo Saul
Oct 12, 2012