Uncover Hidden Dream Meanings
When one dreams about the mighty ocean, one is full of emotions which are deep and strong like the tides.
Dreaming of water but more particularly the Ocean is one of the most common symbols noted that humans have the most often. This is because we are primarily made of water and the strongest containment of this element is the Ocean. There is nothing more beautiful and intense as well as potentially terrifying as this giant body of water.
In this dream you may have...
- Fallen off a boat into the ocean with the feeling of drowning symbolizing a metaphorical drowning in all of the emotions of your life.
- Experienced a tidal wave about to crash into you. Tidal waves are common illustrations of intense stress or worry that literally slaps into you and devastates. When this happens, it is best to try to sort out your feelings as fast as you can.
- Survived a tidal wave from the ocean.
- Saved others from drowning in the ocean.
Positive changes are afoot if…
- When you fell off the boat, you decided to swim comfortably with the animals of the ocean, thus showing your ability to thrive in any environment as well as to accept your emotions for what they are.
- Survived a tidal wave from the ocean showing that you are versatile and strong enough to handle even the most dangerous tides.
- Saved others from drowning. You are a counselor and a helper. You assist others and pull them away from drowning in their own emotions.
- You decide to go for a swim in the ocean voluntarily.
Detailed dream meaning...
For Men: Men are stereo typically challenged when it comes to feeling or becoming comfortable with the expression of emotions. They therefore have the most likeliness to have to push through these kinds of dreams, simply because they have no other outlet. When this happens, the man must become one with the problem at hand so that he can stop drowning in the Ocean of inverted emotions. Expression, of any kind, is going to help...preferably productive expression.
For Women: Women are on the whole intuitive creatures and while it is not as difficult for them to express their emotions, they do get just as caught up in them when things go wrong. Usually this is as a result of doing too much and so they need to take care to handle their emotions in a constructive manner which will make it so that their needs are vocalized and not internalized.
For All: Dreaming of being at sea or stranded in an ocean indicates feeling at loss with your emotions or that you are not grounded. This can indicate that you are needing to have more solid footing in your life. When you have these types of dreams it can also indicate that your desires are out of touch with reality in the waking life.
This dream is in association with the following scenarios in your life...
- Emotional upheavals.
- Divorces/Relationship endings.
- Friend/Family frustrations.
- Busy life concerns.
Feelings that you may have encountered during a dream of the ocean...
Comfort. Sensation. Emotional. Frustrated. Afraid. Unknowing. Loving. Compassionate. Clear. Communicative. Happy. Content. In Love. Intuitive. Present. Free flowing. Adaptable. Strong.
By Flo Saul
Oct 12, 2012