Uncover Hidden Dream Meanings
Dreams regarding oaths tend to be more intense than other dream categories because when one takes on an oath they are taking on a lot of responsibility and tend to be rather pride fully connected to their promise.
This can come in the form of paperwork which necessitates signing for work or deities or spirits requesting an oath. Depending on the way the dream causes the recipient to feel there are many different meanings.
In this dream you may have...
- Been forced to take an oath or to sign paperwork with an oath on it. If you felt fearful or frustrated as a result of this, or even forced this is showing a time in your life where you don’t feel in control and you find that you are making choices which you feel you must make in order to survive. Thus being reflected in your dream.
- If a deity, guide, ancestor or other spirit or higher source energy requests for you to take an oath in an honorable fashion this is symbolic of you being able to handle more responsibility on a spiritual level and you are being rewarded for your hard spiritual work.
- If you are forced to take an oath in Court, this could represent your feeling entrapped and forced to tell the truth even though you feel invaded and would prefer not to.
- Been forced to adhere to an oath that you don’t remember taking, this is showing others forceful influence on you in your waking life which causes you to feel fear and weak.
Positive changes are afoot if…
- You make your oath to the deity, guide, ancestor or other spirit or higher source energy with honor and pride, symbolizing your readiness to take the next step on your path toward wisdom.
- Signed your paperwork or oath with joy because you felt that you know that this will bring more responsibility which is going to be good for you.
- If you felt relieved to sign the paperwork or oath, thus making you feel like your hard work has paid off and you are taking your next responsible step forward.
Detailed dream meaning...
For Men: Many men find that they do not appreciate being forced to take an oath so if this happened for you in the dream this is representative of your lack of desire to be controlled and an approach to life which is rebellious. If you felt pride to take the oath, this resonates with your ability to desire to be a part of a pack, a group, or a brotherhood, showing your desire to work well with others.
For Her: Spiritually for women when taking an Oath there is a sense of freedom being acquired and a strength which supports you as you make your decision to be stronger and better. This is a sign that your guides are watching over you and are asking for you to take the next big leap spiritually to meet the coming challenges head on.
For All: When an Oath is required during a dream there is an initiatory element to your life at this time which cannot be ignored. You are being asked by the Divine to step it up a notch, allowing for your life to take on a higher speed so that you might feel the fruits of your labor and so that you might elevate to a higher level.
This dream is in association with the following scenarios in your life...
- New Opportunities.
- Joy and Joyless.
- Growth in spirit and in mind.
Feelings that you may have encountered during a dream of taking an oath...
Honor. Pride. Initiation. Happiness. Reverence. Clarity. Wisdom. Sacrifice. Growth. Forward Motion. Understanding. Considerations. Reflection. Joy. Intensity.
By Flo Saul
Oct 12, 2012