Uncover Hidden Dream Meanings
Seeing the ice in your dream refers to your feelings, but it is most of the time a sign of danger ahead.
Ice can appear in very different forms in dreams, such as rivers of a lake with a frozen surface, fear of freezing, hail, icebergs, frozen windows etc. Ice has also a symbolic and spiritual meaning, as it refers to you being frozen in your actions, thoughts or feelings, and it appears as a warning in your dream to tell you to thaw, soften and unwind.
Detailed dream interpretation
If you dream of walking on the frozen surface of a lake and the ice breaks, and you fall into the cold water, this is a warning message for tour psyche. It refers to your inflexibility in life and the danger such an attitude can bring you. It also means you are very unaware of whatever happens around you, and you probably isolate yourself from others.
If in your dream you experience the fear of freezing, this suggests that you probably are in situations in which you feel your close relationships could freeze or even come to an end, but also that you might have a hidden fear of life, of failure, especially in regard to finances and your love affairs. This dream could also make a reference to a possible cold attitude in a relationship with others, your tendency to isolate yourself and not express any warmth and love to other beings. You should change quickly if you do not want to end up lonely.
To dream that you slip on ice or sit on a piece of ice indicates that you will have a pleasant life, and will undertake interesting trips. The dream of ice can be a bad dream foretelling troubles and obedience. If in your dream you have ice, this means difficult times ahead. If you carry ice, this suggests restlessness. Sliding and falling on ice means cheating in love.
Dreaming about ice and snow together suggests all kinds of obstacles are coming into your life. Seeing a road covered in ice is the omen of impatience. Being in the middle of ice means there are dangers of all sorts ahead. A large surface covered in ice indicates a business loss, illness, and reduced vitality, but it can also omen difficulties.
If you see yourself breaking the ice in a dream it means that you experience fear at the moment. Dreaming of melting ice tells you there is something you do not pay attention to and it slowly gets out of control. This dream omens dangers and temporary difficulties. Dreaming of yourself having ice suggests that you might be cheated by a woman. If you see hail in your dream, it means unhappiness ahead.
Seeing dirty ice in your dream indicates anxiety, emotional confusion, stress, fear of rejection or failure, being misled, and confusion. Clean ice is the omen of strength, economy, stagnation, waiting, rigidity, and passivity. If in your dream you are walking on ice sure of yourself, this refers to your trust in the other people or in your loved one. If in your dream you are walking on ice unsure of yourself, this means caution, especially in relation to others, distrust, doubt, and fear of being wrong. Here are some other interesting meanings:
- You see ice: things are going to be difficult.
- The frozen surface of a lake or river: don't be alarmed in life.
- Hail: life will turn for the better.
- Icebergs: meeting someone who will give advice.
- Ice cubes: a cold person will come into your life.
- Fear of freezing: things will work out well in the end.
- You have ice: social gatherings.
- You fall on ice: problems socially.
- Ice and snow: a cold-hearted person will come into your life
- A road covered in ice: watch out for problems.
- You are in the middle of ice: be kinder to those you love.
- Breaking ice: social events.
- Melting ice: new beginnings.
- Dirty ice: problems with someone in waking life.
- Clean ice: a possible new job.
- You are walking on ice sure of yourself or ice skating: holidays abroad.
- You are walking on ice unsure of yourself: problems with a lover.
Feelings that you may have encountered during a dream of ice
Happy. Cold. Afraid. Upset. Surprised. Content. Amazed. Curious. Enjoying.
Positive changes are afoot if
- You unwind a bit and become more relaxed.
- You thaw your frozen attitude in life.
- You try to reduce your isolation from society.
By Flo Saul
Oct 12, 2012