Uncover Hidden Dream Meanings
When one dreams of having gone through some dramatic form of embarrassment this can either mirror a situation which happened in the waking world which the person is trying to purge in order to push through it OR this could be representative of the fears of the individual because they are afraid of becoming embarrassed in front of others. There are varying levels of embarrassment which are symbolic of different aspects of a person’s life.
For example if a person has dreamed that they are horrifically embarrassed over accidentally wetting their pants, or even filling their pants with excrement due to bowel distress, this is usually representative of an energy where a person feels as though they are disgraced, unclean and dirty as a result of some traumatic event.
This happens to people because some embarrassments are so concerning to so many that even dreaming about these events cause panic attacks. If one dreams of being embarrassed as a result of mistaking someone for someone else, this is showing in the dream either the lack of focus about that particular person or if you were chasing that person and then found them to be the wrong person represents overly obsessing over them. In this your guides would be telling you to bring yourself back to a neutral place in order to accomplish your heart’s desires.
In this dream you may have
- Been embarrassed because you relieved yourself in your pants.
- Been embarrassed because you got stuck in a case of mistaken identity.
- Been embarrassed because you forgot who you were talking to.
- Been embarrassed because you arrived late to class and everyone started looking at you.
Positive changes are afoot if
- You allowed yourself to laugh off your embarrassment in any situation.
- You found that you laughed at yourself when you accidentally farted.
- You did not allow others to judge you and recognize that everyone makes mistakes.
Detailed dream meaning
Embarrassment as a hole brings to light the person’s hidden weaknesses which only they know about, this is usually so secret that there is a level of fear of other people finding out what you are afraid of. These weaknesses can be reflected in a lack of confidence, sense of self or even can promote sexual insecurities. Many dreams which involve embarrassment tend to show that there is a fear of being undermined which can cause massive levels of insecurities and in some mystical situations embarrassment takes on a whole other meaning, thus showing that the more shy or silly you feel about a situation, the better it is going to turn out for you in the waking world because you will have already had a chance to work out your fears.
This dream is in association with the following scenarios in your life
- Embarrassing situations
- Being laughed at
- Feeling inept
- Going through uncertain areas of life such as new training, a new relationship or getting to know someone that you really like better but feeling like you aren’t really on top of your life.
Feelings that you may have encountered during a dream of a embarrassment
Stubbornness. Embarrassment. Ridicule. Sadness. Consternation. Certainty. Clarity. Wisdom.
By Flo Saul
Oct 12, 2012