Uncover Hidden Dream Meanings
A council can symbolize organization and structure in your own life. It could also be negative, since a council is usually formed to control the actions of the government or the people that the members of the council wish to rule over.
If you dream about a council, it can reflect either the way you organize things, or the way you try to control other people. On the other hand, it can show that you are feeling oppressed or controlled by others.
In your dream you may have
- Seen a council meeting.
- Been a part of a council.
- Been the head of a council.
- Formed a council.
- Spoken at a council meeting.
- Disagreed with a council’s decisions.
- Been informed of a council’s ruling.
- Known a council member.
- Met with a council to convince them of something.
- Encountered a legislative/governmental council.
- Encountered a student council.
- Encountered a council that was deciding something unusual.
Positive changes are afoot if
- You spoke up at a council meeting.
- You vocally addressed the issues of a council’s decision (without using violence).
- You formed a council to deal with an issue (though this could be positive or negative).
- You were involved in a council that also included friends/family members.
Detailed dream interpretation
If you saw a council meeting in your dream that you were not a part of, then you are simply reflecting on the amount of control you have over your own life versus things that are outside of your control. Sometimes, things go wrong and there is nothing you can do about it and, while you have mostly accepted this fact, you still wish you could control your environment.
If you were part of the council in your dream, then you are attempting to take control over your life. If you are not the head of the council or the council founder, you are simply taking an active role in your own future. Working with others and communicating is a vital role in achieving overall success, as it is a skill you will always need.
If you were the head of a council or if you formed the council in your dream, you may be somewhat bossy, or else you are taking your responsibilities one step too far. You try too hard to control the people around you and to enforce the rules. You should be able to be more liberal and let people make their own choices in life. Other people will learn from their mistakes, just as you learned from yours.
If you spoke at a council meeting in the dream, then it is a good sign of you voicing your own opinion. You may not always get your way, but you fight for what you think is right, and this is a positive sign. If you had no say in the council’s final decision, then you are feeling helpless and oppressed by the people around you. You are in a tight spot at the moment, and you are feeling helpless to control it. Accepting this is the first step toward positive change, but voicing your grief is most important.
If the council in your dream was mainly implementing laws (no matter how strange), then you are feeling misunderstood or oppressed by other people. If the council in your dream was a student council, then you are trying to take action regarding the things in your everyday life. Life doesn’t always go your way, but you are finally willing to take action.
This dream is in association with the following scenarios in your life
- Organizational skills.
- Taking control over your own life.
- Taking control over other people’s lives.
- Feeling controlled by someone or something else.
- Voicing your opinion.
- Communicating with the public and with people close to you.
Feelings that you may have encountered during a dream of a council
Shy. Loud. Expressive. Communicative. Vocal. Organized. Convinced. Attentive. Oppressed. Concerned. Worried. Demanding. Assertive.
By Flo Saul
Jun 14, 2012