Uncover Hidden Dream Meanings
Contracts in the waking world show a commitment to something for a specified period of time. They involve compromise on both sides and a thorough discussion of all agreements made.
Some contracts are shorter, as in rental agreements that go month-to-month, while some, such as marriage contracts, are meant to last a lifetime.
If you sign or otherwise encounter a contract in your dream, you are thinking about your attachments to the things and people around you. Contracts also determine your future, so you may be concerned about the future you have chosen or wondering how long you will have to stick with that choice.
Different contracts will represent different things. For example, a rental or housing contract could signify the future for your family or your job and where you are going to be in, say, five years. A marriage contract, however, sticks with you for life. This dream is not necessarily about your love life. It may just be addressing a fear of the future and whether you could actually do the same thing for the rest of your life.
In your dream you may have
- Signed a contract.
- Asked someone else to sign a contract.
- Written a contract.
- Broken a contract.
- Literally torn up a contract.
- Carried out a contractual obligation.
- Seen a contract.
- Suffered the consequences of breaking a contract.
- Seen a real-life contract you have signed.
- Encountered a rental agreement.
- Encountered the “terms of service” on a website.
- Encountered a loan contract.
- Encountered a job contract.
- Encountered a marriage contract.
- Encountered a personal contract or non-marital relationship agreement.
- Made or witnessed a verbal contract.
Positive changes are afoot if
- The contract reflected your real-life interests.
- You tore up a lifelong contract that was not a marriage contract. You never know where your life will go, a marriage contract should be the only lifelong commitment you have to make.
- You wrote a contract for somebody you felt was not listening to you.
- The contract was for something fun.
Detailed dream interpretation
If you signed a contract in your dream, it could reflect many things. Most often it reflects your concern for the future. It is possible that you are feeling too tied down. Especially if the contract was for a long period of time, you may be feeling as if you are stuck in something you do not necessarily want.
If you broke the contract from your dream, then you are sick of feeling tied down or unappreciated. It seems unfair that people expect you to make crucial decisions before you can truly judge what you want from life. On the contrary, if you carried out all of your contractual obligations, then you are happy with the future you have planned for yourself.
If you asked someone else to sign a contract, then you feel like someone has been taking advantage of you. In your dream, you are trying to ensure that does not happen again.
If the contract was the “terms of service” of a website, then you are feeling as if some of your decisions were not well-thought through. Almost nobody reads the “terms of service” when you are first entering a website. This contract can represent the fact that you did not weigh your decisions when making choices for your future.
If the contract was for a loan or a job, then you are anxious about the decisions you have made regarding your career. If the contract was a marriage contract or prenuptial agreement, you are worried about the whole rest of your life. It is difficult to imagine such a long road ahead. How can anyone tie themselves down to just one career and one person? You must feel confident that everything will work itself out in the end.
This dream is in association with the following scenarios in your life
- Lifelong commitments and permanency.
- Temporary commitments or indecisiveness.
- Uncertainty about the future.
- Willingness or unwillingness to commit.
- Relationships and future goals.
Feelings that you may have encountered during a dream of a contract
Certain. Unsure. Permanence. Stuck. Wondering. Dreamy. Pensive. Settled. Unsettled. Restless. Adventurous. Attached.