Uncover Hidden Dream Meanings
A cave is a hideaway, a retreat that you take to get away from the stress in your life. This can be a good symbol in a dream if you use your retreat wisely and sparingly.
It can, however, be a negative symbol that denotes unhappiness or loneliness. A cave can be connected to sexual power. If there is another person in the dream cave with you, or if another person is trapped within your cave, you may have sexual control. Alternatively, you have brought this other person into your cave because you are lonely. If you are in a cave by yourself for a long period of time, this is representative of withdrawal and social disorder. Try to break out of your cave and make new friends rather than trying to bring others into your cave.
In your dream you may have
- Found a cave on a desert island.
- Lived in a cave for a short period of time.
- Lived in a cave permanently.
- Felt trapped or imprisoned in a cave.
- Seen a cave guarded by a dragon or mythical creature.
- Guarded a cave yourself.
- Been alone in a cave.
- Been in a cave with another person.
- Been in a cave with an animal.
- Been in a cave underground.
- Been in a cave by the ocean or seaside.
- Found you seaside cave to be filling up with water.
- Decorated a cave to make it feel home-like.
Positive changes are afoot if
- Your dream cave was filled with positive objects or treasures.
- You only spent a short amount of time in your dream cave.
- You spent time in your dream cave thinking about and resolving important issues.
- You brought someone else into your dream cave.
- You dreamed of an enemy in a cave you were not inside of.
- You were the guardian of your own cave.
- Your time in the cave was spent as a happy healthy inhabitant.
Detailed dream interpretation
Creativity is another attribute of caves. Because you’d like to be alone in your cave, you have a desire to express yourself or complete some project that has otherwise been difficult to finish. If you feel like you are lacking creativity in your life and that this is the reason for your dream, try to find some time alone to work on a new and fun project. You may actually need this alone time, just be sure to use it wisely.
This dream also shows the need to hide away and retreat from life for a while. It is important to go on a well-deserved relaxing vacation every once in a while. If, however, you spend too much time in your cave in your dream, you have extended your vacation or refused social interaction for far too long.
If in your dream you see a guardian of the cave, such as a dragon, then you are in control of a situation or else you are slowly gaining control. The guardian in your dream demonstrates that you are only as good as how you are portrayed inside and that there are much better things coming your way. It is time to show the world your creativity, to leave your cave and show what you can do.
A cave can also highlight the need for patience and perseverance in the face of adversity. It is time to look at the things that are bothering you, and replace those feelings with a positive outlook.
This dream is in association with the following scenarios in your life
- A change in your workplace.
- A move or relocation.
- A big vacation.
- The end of relationships.
Feelings that you may have encountered during a dream of a cave
Fear. Independence. Withdrawal. Security. Sanctuary. Safety. Support. Relief. Loneliness. Relaxation. Restfulness. Adventure.
By Flo Saul
Jun 14, 2012