Uncover Hidden Dream Meanings
It is said that if you dream of a big bear, you will get lucky. You ought to try something risky, such as playing the lottery.
What do bear dreams mean?
It's all about…Your luck. Yes, you heard right! You will be extremely lucky if you had this dream. But wait.. this is not all that it means. Each specific action of the bear undertakes in your dream is ultra important. Bears are deeply rooted in shamanic traditions.
Any dream that contains a bear is a positive, but a passive-aggressive symbol. The bear (according to the dream psychologist Sigmund Freud) can be a representation of a human being who has the same traits as the bear featured. The bear is often seen as an aggressive, it survives in the wild and can easily get angry. Who is getting angry in your life? A polar bear is associated with teaching blessings in life. It means bears represent the female side of life.
In the Asian tradition, the bear in dreams is associated with how we love one another. If you are being hunted by the bear the dream can indicate that you need to overcome some difficult obstacles in life. If you see people hunting or shooting a bear then this is associated with a person in the waking world who is projecting aggression. The bear color in your dream is important:
- To see a white bear in the dream is associated with the inevitability of peace in life.
- To see a brown bear indicates a new start.
In shamanism, the bear is a strong totem animal, which in some cases represents a spirit guide. In fact, based on some meditation practices, this animal can provide comfort, as it is centered to be connected to spiritual well-being. To dream of a polar bear (as long as you have not watched too much TV!) represents that there is a woman surrounding you who has become icy and cold. Handling the situation successfully will require negotiation and compromise. The polar bear signifies a deep emotion that needs to be expressed.
What is the general dream interpretation of a bear?
A dream where you see a bear I feel is generally positive. It could imply that there are rivalry and competition in your waking life. It could also mean that, in the coming days, you are going to be successful. When you encounter an aggressive bear in a dream it implies that there is something which is making you be angry in real life. My old dream dictionary meanings outline a bear is a prognostic of deceit. In some texts, it suggests "bitterest enemies will wear the garb of friendship."
Rivals will try to supersede you. To see the skin of a bear means that you will successfully overcome any opposition. In shamanism, the bear is a strong totem animal, which in some cases represents a spirit guide. In fact, based on some meditation practice, this animal can provide comfort, as it is centered to be connected to spiritual well-being. To dream of a polar bear represents that there is a woman surrounding you who has become icy and cold. Handling the situation successfully will require negotiation and compromise. The polar bear signifies a deep emotion that needs to be expressed.
The dream could also denote situations which make you annoyed. If you dream of killing a bear, an enemy of yours in real life will experience a loss. You will have positive rewards if you dream of chasing a bear - it means you are strong and courageous. To dream of a brown bear can symbolize that you will be moving into success. A white bear you will focus on healing others in life. The bear can also symbolize that you need to heal from difficult times in the past. Bears are the spirit of healing and emotional connection. If we look at how bears live in real life, they are associated with retreat and often lead a lonely solitary lifestyle. This is an indication that you might require rest and recuperation in life. Maybe you have been working too hard and been feeling that you are not representing your ideas in the best way? Therefore, it is very common to have a dream of a bear when you need your own space and time away.
Quick dream meanings of a bear:
- To see the skin of a bear means that you will successfully overcome any opposition.
- The actual deeper meaning of a bear is a connection with our inner thoughts.
- In ancient Rome, the bear was connected to the goddess known as Artemis and also the god of fertility known as Diana. Therefore, we can identify that the bear represents the fertile part of our life - maybe our inner connection to raising children and giving birth if a woman.
- If the bear was hibernating this is connected to moving away from others in order to think clearly and life. To see a bear in a wood is a suggestion that you do have the power to succeed in life.
- In the Western tradition, the dream of a bear means arguing with friends.
- In the Eastern tradition, the dream of a bear implies gossip: someone is talking about you behind your back.
- Witnessing a bear in your dream is a reminder of the spiritual strength, power, and growth of the unconscious mind.
- This dream of a brown beat symbolizes that sometimes you need to remind yourself of your childhood and the happiness that you encountered.
- The bear represents stamina and that you will undertake situations requiring mental and psychological strength.
- Seeing a bear in your dream could refer to a rich and powerful enemy, probably an adversary or a rival of yours. It foretells that you could soon be in a fight with your friends.
- Seeing a bear in your dream is generally a sign of violence in real life.
- If in your dream a bear attacks you, this means precaution is necessary. A brown bear means brutal passions, and enemies full of ferocity.
- Seeing yourself running away from a bear is a good omen.
- If in your dream you see someone killing the bear, your enemies will encounter losses, and you will generally win over them.
- If you yourself kill the bear, you will be able to get rid of those that you do not want in your entourage anymore.
If you see a bear in the distance, it could mean three possibilities: your hand will be forced, your enemies are in your way, or you have many enemies around you. If you want to succeed, you must make big efforts. A calm bear is an omen of slander and gossip. If the bear is big, this also means quarrel, slander, and gossip. In general, dreaming of a bear is a sign that you will be challenged in your business deals. If a young girl dreams of a bear, this is an omen that she will have a conflict with people that are in her way. The bear in the dream state is associated with how you express yourself in life. It is associated with a fierce, aggressive wild animal. The bear can also indicate a caring nature.
If you dreamed of a teddy bear, then this provides a window to your deepen your childhood instincts. The context of the dream shows that you will have to be further understood. However, in general, this dream indicates that sometimes it is easier to go back to the things that use to make you smile when you were a child. The key influence of this dream and the animal is that your childhood enjoyment has been lost, and it is time to go out into the world and have fun. So if a bear symbol is digging around in your dreams it can suggest not only strength but also inner confidence.
Did you kill the bear in the dream?
To kill the bear in the dream indicates to overcome some obstacles in the future. The bear represents the rational logic way you’re going to approach problems and decisions. It can suggest you’re going to have the inner strength to beat any enemies in the business environment. Ironically, the bear killed in a dream can suggest that we should not hide behind your own illusions. If you see another person killing the bear in your dream and this can suggest that other people are gonna be affected by your actions.
What if you shot the bear?
If you shot the bear or hunted the bear down the bear in your dream then this is a positive omen. It indicates that the work that you have been putting into place will harvest. But there is a huge question of what’s next? A bear hunting you down or chasing you indicate that if time about how you are going to succeed in life.
What about a bear running after you?
In dreams, a bear running signifies that there are difficulties in your way. If you are hunted or trapped by the bear in your dream then this can suggest that you are going to have many different obstacles in your way. To be the one that actually sets the track for the bear indicates that you need peace and solitude.
Are you bear in the dream?
This is the most unusual dream that one can have. Actually in order to understand what it means we need to look at the characteristics of a bear in your dream. This can feel quite unusual, suffice to say this is a very rare dream. To take on the role of the bear to see yourself as a bear in your dream is the suggestion that other people are controlling you. It indicates defiance and also self-belief. While in a position to stand your ground of life and being the bear in the dream implies that you need to assert your rights.
What if you could see a cute cuddly teddy bear in your dream?
To see a cute cuddly teddy bear in a dream indicates that friendships are gonna be important to you in the future. This dream can also suggest that you are reaching a turning point in life. Things can only get better, friends and acquaintances help you turn your life around. Often one would dream of a teddy bear when we are realizing that the only way is up in life. This dream can also indicate you’re going to have some great friends in the future. Like we said before, it is connected to childhood fun. You need more fun!
Did you hug the bear in a dream?
Hugging a bear in a dream is associated with intimacy and emotional connection of others in waking life. It can suggest that you are feeling difficult times are on the horizon the relationship. The bear itself represents your power and strength from within. Are you having problems with your partner? Hugging the bear shows the need for affection, it is a transformation type of dream of how your feeling emotionally inside. Perhaps you are feeling lonely? We know what you’re thinking - don’t worry! Try to take some time to your partner or friends or family and enjoy some social events together.
Did you feed the hungry bear in the dream?
There a number of different steps that you need to take in order to take advantage of a business proposition in life. The hungry bear is connected with your own inner strengths and you’re probably wondering what this means to you? The bear itself implies that things are moving forward in life and to feed a hungry bearing a dream indicates that you will prosper in business.
If you dream of killing a bear, the fiercest enemy of yours will experience a loss. You will have positive rewards if you dream of chasing a bear, as it means you are strong and courageous. In the Western tradition, the dream of a bear means arguing with friends. In the Eastern tradition, the dream of a bear means gossip: someone is talking about you behind your back. Witnessing a bear in your dream is a reminder of the spiritual strength, power, and growth of the unconscious mind. This dream symbolizes that sometimes you need to remind yourself of your childhood and the happiness that brought you where you are today. This dream also represents stamina and that you will undertake situations requiring mental and psychological strength.
What does a teddy bear mean in a dream?
If you dreamed of a teddy bear, then this provides a window into your deep childhood instincts. The context of the dream shows that you will have to be further understood. However, in general, this dream indicates that sometimes it is easier to go back to the things that use to make you smile when you were a child. The key influence of this dream and the animal is that your childhood enjoyment has been lost, and it is time to go out into the world and have fun.
What does seeing a female bear mean in a dream?
In dreams, a bear featured can indicate not only the characteristics you are portraying also a female who has such traits. The female bear in some dream dictionaries has been associated with a sister, mother or even a grandmother. The mother bear in dreams is often connected to your protective side in life. A hurt bear in a dream suggests you need to focus on your own inner abilities but also associates how you are perceived by others.
Bear traps in dreams:
to set a trap for the bear is associated with feeling extremely excited about the project that is soon going to take shape in the waking world.
- If you are the bear in the dream: this is connected to your confidence especially in the working world. It is associated with the hidden desire for promotion or financial gain. To create a bear trap of any description is connected to the warmth of the project on others. To be caught yourself in a bear trap suggests that failure may occur. To be the bear yourself and to fight others is an association of having influence over others. To see the bear as a pet in the dream indicates possible aggression towards somebody in waking life. The advice here is that you need to listen to what other people have to say.
If the bear was black in color in a dream:
then this dream can indicate that you need to look at people’s actions and try to understand what they are thinking. From a spiritual perspective, the black bear indicates that you’re going to have an unhindered vision of how people are acting in the future. This will be your strength.
- A white bear in a dream (not a polar bear): indicates that enemies are going to try to bring you down. The white bear in the dream state is also associated with nature and the requirement to face the facts and don’t carry any disillusion is about the future. The white bear if being aggressive in a dream indicates that a challenge will be coming soon.
- Chased by a bear in a dream: If you are chased by a bear running away, especially in a wooded surrounding indicates that there is a problem that you are not facing. The bear pursuing you can be a hidden obstacle in waking life.
Baby bears in dreams:
If we look at how cubs interact. To dream of cubs means that you need to clarify events in life in order to understand the true meaning. Baby bear's in a dream is associated with meeting somebody that you made love. A baby bear in dreams can often be associated with not only innocence but childhood traits.
- Being bitten by a bear: To be bitten by a bear in the dream state is associated with readiness to communicate with others. It is particularly common to see this dream when there is a relationship that needs to be reviewed. This could be a love relationship. There also signifies that corporation is called for.
A hibernating bear / Sleeping bear:
To see a sleeping bear or a bear in a cave is associated with merging different perspectives of life. It indicates that you need rest and recuperation in order to understand what is forthcoming. Focus on any questions you have in life. It might be that you are at a turning point and this is why you see yourself having to shut everything out in order to understand the truth and accept responsibility.
- To see a bear standing up in the dream: If a bear is being aggressive and standing on its hind legs in a dream then this indicates that you need security as a human being. It can, of course, be associated with financial reward. The fact that the various showing signs of aggression can mean that this is what you need in order to progress in life. Especially in connection to work affairs. You know what you want maybe you are too stubborn or do not have enough drive in order to get what you want.
- The Grizzly bear attack in dreams: A grizzly bear attack in the dream indicates that somebody waking life was trying to deceive you. The dream itself can also be associated with your caring side.
Group of bears in a dream:
To see a group of bears in a dream is associated with changing circumstances and also difficult relationships with others. It may be that you are confused about the next phase of life. Try to engage change.
- Dancing bear in a dream: The dancing bear in dreams indicates that you may be in a situation that will require confidence. The dancing bear also indicates that you will not worry about what people think of you. When you see the dancing bear it is associated with being aware of your direction in life.
- To see the mother bear in dreams: The mother bear in dreams is connected to how we connect with our own side of life. Consider that you have a deep connection with various females. The bear in this context also suggests a solid relationship with mother or grandmother.
Koala bears in dreams:
The koala bear in a dream is connected to letting your head overall your heart or gut instinct in life. The koala bear can also suggest that you need to get to the truth of the matter, this means looking at your feelings.
- Panda bears in dreams: The panda bear is a very lucky omen. It is associated with what you can achieve in life. It indicates that your current goals can be fulfilled and that you will soon be able to be the mastermind behind any projects at work. You will try to get results or find innovative ideas. The key here is to try to work on yourself in order to remain the top of your profession.
- Polar bears in dreams: A white polar bear in a dream is connected to success and also acceptance. There may have been troubled waters in the past in this omen imagery indicates that you are going to move into a much more calmer state of affairs. The polar bear is also connected to how we undertake relationships in life. It suggests that you need to work hard to make a relationship work. Due to the color of the polar bear, it also indicates peace, success in business matters and the ability to overcome any difficulties in life.
What does a sloth bear mean in a dream mean?
The sloth bear in dreams is connected to a situation that seems somewhat slow. You have to try to let go of any resentment or anger in life. This sloth appears in dreams when an important decision needs to be made in order to take the next step of self-awareness. It can also indicate that there is a female who is kind and tenderhearted arranges. If you see the sloth bear moving in the dream - then this suggests that you need to slow down your actions.
What if you see mountains and bears in your dreams?
To see a bear near a mountain or if the dream is connected to a mountain indicates that you are willing to commit yourself in order to help others achieve their goals. The bear in this sense indicates you need to consider whether you are too emotionally involved in the situation. On the deepest level of interpretation, this dream can also indicate that you may need to recuperate in life.
What does shooting a bear dead in a dream?
To hunt and shoot a bear in a dream indicates that you need to review your goals in life. If you are hunting the bear then in the dream state this means that we find it hard to express yourself. The bear itself can tell us a lot about the influence and impact others have upon your life. A bear is associated with focusing on strength and the ability to overcome any obstacles.
What do fighting bears in dreams?
To dream that two bears or more are fighting for is a suggestion of inner conflict in life. We all go through different phases and the bears fighting illustrate that sometimes your pride just gets in the way. They can often indicate a future outcome will result in conflict.
Feelings that you may have encountered during a dream of a bear
Scared. Terrified. Worried. Anxious. Upset. In control. Pushy. Cuddly.
Since 2015 I have reviewed 3,000 dreams about wild bears, bears chasing people and even cuddly teddy bears. My users have sent me loads of different dreams which we helped to interpret. Good news for you… Four percent of these dreamers wrote back to us to tell us what happened since they dreamed of bears, it seems from my research that the bear can imply that you will require a time of “peace and quiet ” in order to create the strength to face life with a different perspective.