Above In A Dream
This dream is connected to emotions and feelings around you. You may encounter an object or a person hanging above you and the object or person is about to fall.
This dream can often indicate that you need to escape a hazard in your waking life. Confrontations, arguments, threats, loss of control, and failure are often associated with this type of dream -- especially if the item falls on you. If you are looking above in your dream, for example looking at the sky or an object (such as a bird or plane) then this dream indicates that you will find yourself in a group that requires teamwork. It is important to respect other people's opinions. If you see a mountain and look up then this dream means that you're going to have an obstacle that needs to be overcome in the near future.
What does it mean to dream of something above you?
If the object falls down and lands near you rather than hitting you then this dream suggests that your going to escape whatever barriers you face in the near future. It is important for you to recognize that you must exercise extreme caution in the near future. If this dream is connected to personal freedom (for example the item must drop to free you) then you have the ability to move freely in the face of opposition in waking life.
Any dream which involves something above you means there is a psychological need to get away or escape. If you are involved in a situation where you see an object dangling above but this does not fall on you then escaping an emotional outburst in the future is necessary. It is important to recognize that your mind is capable of accepting new experiences and with this dream comes some important lessons that you must learn. In a spiritual sense, this dream is connected to experiences and events that will make you into a better person.
Positive changes are afoot if
- The object or person above you did not hurt you in any way.
- You were able to control the item above you.
- The object or item was a hazard.
New beginnings in your life are needed
- In dreams where you have encountered something above you such as an object hanging or falling on you.
- If the item caused you pain and hindered your process.
- If the dream involved feeling upset.
- If you were scared of the item or object.
Areas of life this maybe connected to
- Time for you to face up to losses that have happened in your life recently.
- People in your life have caused you problems.
- There are material possessions that you wish for -- which are currently out of your reach.
Feelings that you may have encountered during a dream of seeing something above you
Strange. Fear of the object falling. Inability to control the item. Fear of this falling down. Needing someone's help. Inability to escape. Cannot move. Darkness. Weirdness. Hanging.
By Flo Saul
Oct 3, 2012