The index finger is known as the Jupiter finger. The area immediately below these fingers are known as the mounts.
If you stretch the hand and point to the side, there will be normally three raised areas below each finger. The area directly below the first finger is known as the Jupiter mount or alternatively the install of Jupiter, this mount has also been known as the Vrihaspati Parvat.
This mount was named after the Roman god, Zeus. The mount of Jupiter symbolizes the way in which the person exposes themselves to the rest of the world and the way a person gets recognition from society. It reveals feelings of self-esteem, as well as the air of power and management, idealism, feeling of respect and bravery. Some palmists view the general shape of the Jupiter finger rather than read the actual install. Going back to the 1920's a well-defined Jupiter mount indicated a powerful, strong person. William Benham wrote a book on palmistry which provides an intensive overview of the mounts and there supposed characteristics.
To have a raised Jupiter mount means that this person has positive outlooks, as well as charm. He or she is outgoing, has expertise in handling others, and aspirations. A normal and healthy Jupiter mount in a healthy hand is normally slightly raised. The bearer has a desire to help others.
However, if this install is far greater than the others, it indicates a feeling of trying to control others, as well as excessive pleasure and self-contentedness and perhaps, even bigotry. Be cautious of avarice, a need for power and one world. People with Jupiter qualities are healthy they have the remarkable potential to hold talks. Simultaneously, they have a passion for studying and collecting information. They are heartened and great benefactors. Often these people head towards achievement. They have unique functions of power and freedom.
The Jupiter mount’s shape and composition
- Fleshy mount:if the mount is extensive fleshy, it reveals that the subject is a driven person. It also shows that this person is enthusiastic about society and community action as well as appreciating the company of others. He or she believes in the rights for all.
- Poor mount: if the Jupiter install is low or poor, this means that the subject will have little aspiration, self-confidence and a communal existence. The person may be redirecting power into too many places so that no task will get the complete attention required for effective success.
- Triradius: if the triradius is well aligned in the centre of the mount then this is a sign of high self respect.
- Large mount: if the Jupiter mount is the largest mount found on the hand then this person is known as a Jupiterian. This type of person is a motivating leader. Normally, the Jupiterian eyes are large, with a clear head for business.
- A Veering Path: If the Jupiter mount install veers somewhat toward the Saturn mount, this person will enjoy the pleasure of accomplishment.
- Pointed fingers: if the Jupiter mount is well established and the subject has pointed fingers they have an interest in the occult or astrology.
- Earth hand: To have a large Jupiter mount and an earth hand means these people are likely to work well with others, perform to the rules, and modify their behaviour to try to change the world. This person is motivated by a need to create a better place for others rather than being inspired by personal aspirations.
- Side of hand: if the mount of Jupiter is manipulated more towards the side of the hand the subject is a unique thinker and their thoughts for modifying life will depend on clean new principles.
- Pink Jupiter mount: The people with a pink Jupiter mount have great passion for those of the opposite sex. Men with this type of mount have quite a large physic, they are powerful men. Strong built and physically powerful. On the other hand, if this mount is well defined on the hands of a women it signifies the qualities of power, and the ability to generate ideas for others.
- Red Jupiter mount:if the install of Jupiter is red in colour and raised, then such a person is said to possess godly functions. While such person develops as an individual, he or she must help others as well. They do everything to protect their own self-respect.
- Head and Heart Line touches the Jupiter Mount: these people are sympathetic and are extremely well known in society. They are extremely relaxed and consistent people. Consequently they do not get disrupted whenever they go through any challenging scenario. Instead, they try to come out of that scenario positively! It has been concluded by many palmists these people make excellent judges and great government employers. Simultaneously, the mount of Jupiter also indicates that they have a remarkable ability to modify the community for their benefit. On the opposite side of the coin, if the mount of Jupiter is under developed then there is common lack of ambition in the person's life.
- Triradius veers to the thumb: the book“HANDS, a complete guide to palmistry” by Enid Hoffman states that when the triradius veers closer to the thumb this person is normally focused on themselves and is normally a loner or a hermit.
- Mount points to the Saturn finger: these people are prone to stay active in life. Unfortunately, they fall short to succeed at times. Consequently, such people progressively start to become disappointed easily. In terms of characteristics they are serious and stubborn. Again if the mount of Jupiter is in reduced in size because of the Saturn finger, the person has to deal with defamation several times in their life. The subject generates the popularity of a slanderous person in society but this person does achieve.
There can be various marks on the mount of Jupiter and these include squares, upward branches, circles, griddles, islands and triangles. In ancient times palmists read the hands of wealthy people, such as lords, ladies, judges and people with a good standing. Therefore, the information collated on the meaning of mounts is focused on people who were well-nourished. Many palmists are discontinuing the use of reading the mounts on the above. Cherio devotes a whole section to mounts and their meaning. As people are eating more healthy we find many people lack a raised mount. Some of the information below has been collated from many sources, namely, books on palmistry written in the 1920's.
Please support us by liking us on Facebook. Thank you so much in advance.
By Flo Saul
Oct 30, 2012