Within Palmistry, each finger has its own personal characteristic which can be relatively revealing about the personality of the person getting the reading and each finger is also known for planet which rules the energies around the person’s life. There are four main finger shapes which are focused on particularly in Palmistry. That is square, pointed, conic or spatulate fingers.
- The first or index finger is known for the planet Jupiter, commonly associated with ambition, confidence, happiness, luck and a positive outlook toward life especially in matters relating to religion.
- The second, middle finger is known to be ruled by Saturn and is associated with balance, responsibility as well as serious matters.
- This is the finger that resonates within the briding line between our external personality and our inner world perspectives.
- The third finger, also known as the ring finger of the hand is ruled by the Sun, representative of expansive energy and tends to motivate feelings revolving around strength, creativity and artistic urges.
- The little or pinky finger is associated with Mercury primarily because it is linked up with communication skills, mental agility and the querent’s attitude toward sexual matters.