According to an old adage, “No one is entirely happy in this world” and this is right to some extent. Everyone is unhappy at one time or another due to something. This something may be wealth, health, love, or psychological distress. In life - we sometimes require protection spells. These can be a simple prayer through to a more focused work of candle magic. I am going to detail here some protection spells that you can use if you are feeling that you need to protect yourself.
Why use protection spells?
There are many reasons why one might use protection spells. Some people may feel they need protection from harm, while others may want to keep negative energy away. Whatever the reason, protection spells can be a helpful way to create a barrier between yourself and whatever it is you're trying to protect yourself from. Even the wealthiest person is worried about his assets and needs some kind of protection. When one is depressed or stressed, we all need support. I am now going to take you through some simple spells that you can use to protect yourself.
What protection spells can do for you?
Magic can benefit even the most inept recruit. Help in health issues, sick children, lose those ten extra pounds, and an indifferent wife? These are the "demons" that plague us all.
To ensure the effectiveness of your protection spell, you need to keep a few things in mind. Choosing the right spell type for your needs is the first step. Spells of protection can be classified into many types, each protecting against a different threat. It is also important to use the right ingredients. It is necessary to have specific ingredients for each type of spell in order for it to work correctly. For your spell, use the correct herbs, oils, and candles.
Now, I also believe that a strong sense of visualization and concentration are also necessary. You will be able to cast a stronger spell if you are focused. Before attempting to cast a protection spell, practice visualization and concentration techniques. When you practice a little, you'll be able to cast spells that are powerful and effective. I am going to go through the key elements of a protection spell, followed by some spells that could aid you.
What herbs do you need to use?
The most accessible herbs is mixed herbs, you can buy these easily at any store and they contain the following herbs that are great for all your protection spells.
- Thyme: Thyme is often used in spells for purification, protection, and healing. It can be used to cleanse an area of negative energy, ward off evil spirits, and to promote physical health and well-being. Thyme is also sometimes used in love spells.
- Marjoram: Marjoram is a common ingredient in magic spells. It is associated with love, happiness, and protection. When used in spells, it can help to attract positive energy and ward off negative influences. Marjoram can be used in many different forms, such as oil, herb, or incense.
- Oregano: I like to use this in spells for protection, purification, and healing. I also believe it can be used to cleanse and protect your home from negative energy. Oregano can also be used to promote fertility and attract love if this is what you wish.
- Parsley: I like to use this because it is associated with vitality and protection. Parsley is a great herb to use if you are looking to purify yourself after any magical conduct.
- Sage: this herb is connected to wisdom and also helps build a brighter tomorrow.
- Basil: Basil is a great herb to use for protection spells. It can also be used to banish negative energy and attract positive energy. Basil can also be used in love spells to attract a new lover or to strengthen the bond between two people.
Cast a spell in a circle in a square
Circles are often used to cast spells for a variety of reasons. It is believed that circles are sacred spaces that provide protection and containment. The use of circles can also enhance the power of a spell by focusing and amplifying its energy. A spell should be cast in a circle that is unbroken when it is cast. Negative energy cannot enter the circle through any gaps or openings.
Many people use circles in regards to casting the spell, this alone is a type of protection symbol. This area contains magick, within the square of the cardinal point. There are two kinds of magick, major and minor. It is ritual or ceremonial magick that is most powerful. Circles can be cast during this process. A circle is not necessary for ordinary magick. The effectiveness of this technique can be extremely high if your Will is strong enough and you focus properly. The cardinal point is where magick takes place, within a circle inside a square formed by the cardinal points. The four directions are the cardinal points. Some traditions add a fifth, called zenith or center, but Robert Graves wrote in The White Goddess:
Some of the most common protection spells include:
- Binding spells are used to prevent harm or harm to property from occurring
- A shielding spell that creates a protective barrier around you
- Keeping negative energy and entities away from you with a warding spell
- Unhexing spells remove hexes and curses placed on you
- Cleansing spells are used to purify and cleanse a space
MOST IMPORTANT - Create a protective bubble around yourself with a protection spell.
If you ask ten spiritual leaders about casting spells, you're likely to get ten different answers. We all work differently. In the field of magick, each artist has his or her own style. Some people prefer candle magick, while others prefer cauldron spells and image magick. It doesn't matter what you do. You can do what feels right to you, what works for you, and what makes you feel good. It is not necessarily the best way to cast spells, although I'll tell you how I do it. Discovering your style requires practice, experimentation, and learning. The art of spellcrafting requires creativity.
A simple shielding spell - everyone should do this.
When I was in a circle we use to use a tea bag to protect ourselves, and see ourselves right in the middle of the teabag. Some people used a metal box. Every day remember to shield yourself and your loved ones, by visualizing a bubble of light to protect yourself.
In order to do a spell of shielding it is important to understand the process - which repels negative energies. Now, this is one of the most important skills any person should know. This can be done in many ways, including the easy white-light technique around your body - or more complex visualizations. Shielding is primarily a practiced visualization. These are some tips to help you (remember to practice ten minutes every day). Imagine yourself being surrounded by mirrors facing outward, away from you, then Imagine yourself being surrounded by pure white light. Imagine yourself being surrounded by angelic wings - enclosed by tall hedges. Followed by being surrounded by a force field.
Protection spell examples
I am going to go over a few protection spells that I feel work. Honestly, just lighting a simple white candle, inscribing protection on the front, and dressing in olive oil is enough for a basic protection spell. Sometimes you don’t need anything major elaborate. It’s more the intention of protecting yourself.
Simple protection spell
To cast a simple protection spell, you will need:
- A white candle
- One tablespoon of salt
- A small bowl of water
- Some mixed herbs from the store (optional)
- The symbol of your chosen protective deity or spirit guide (optional)
- Begin by cleansing your workspace. You can do this by smudging with sage, palo santo, or another herb of your choice. Alternatively, you can simply cleanse the area with your intention by saying “I cleanse this area in preparation for my protection spell”
- Place the salt and water in the bowl and stir clockwise three times. As you stir, visualize or say aloud: "I cleanse this space and myself of all negative energy and release this energy."
- Place the candle in the bowl and light it. Say aloud or visualize: "I call upon the powers of (name your protective angel, deity, or spirit guide). Please surround me with your love and light."
- Allow the candle to burn until it goes out on its own.
- Thank the protective deity or spirit guide for their guidance and protection.
There are many ways to customize this spell to fit your needs. For example, you could add herbs or essential oils that are associated with protection, such as rosemary, basil, or black pepper. You could also choose to use a different color candle, such as black for banishing negative energy or red for courage and strength.
Protection against others
When I need to protect myself against others in the past I have used coffee. Caffeine in coffee can reduce negativity by enabling you to take direct action and I recommend that (along with intention) should help the situation.
- 1/2 cup coffee;
- 30g or so of stick pure, unsalted butter
- Name of the person or person(s) that are your enemy - written on a small slip of paper
- One coffee filter
- Mixed herbs (if you want to add these but they are optional)
- One small bowl.
The first step is to place the filter of coffee in the small bowl. At this point place your own intention. In spiritual terms, Janus, a double-headed god is best drawn to be used in this spell and involves some easy steps as follows:
- The first step is to heat the butter ( I put this in a microwave)
- Strain the liquid.
The names of those against you should be placed on top of the filter. Next, add the coffee. Warm coffee is poured over the mixture. Janus or archangel Michael can help you remove these people from your life. I generally pour this mixture under a tree or at a crossroads once the spell is over. These people will be expelled from your life as the mixture rots.
Alternative Shielding spell
By casting this spell, you will create a protective barrier around yourself that will block out all forms of magic. In order to cast this spell, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 cup of water
- 1 white candle
- A piece of paper with a magical symbol on it - the symbol will come when you close your eyes.
To begin, light the candle and sprinkle the salt into the water. As you do this, recite the following incantation:
"I call upon the four main elements, come here: earth, air, fire, and water. Protect me from all harm and block out all forms of magic."
Then, hold the piece of paper with the magical symbol on it in front of you and visualize a barrier of light forming around you. Feel the energy of the barrier protecting you from all harm. When you are finished, snuff out the candle.
How to make a charm for protection
This charm can be used to help you feel safe and secure when you are feeling threatened or in danger. You can carry one small jar with a few mustard seeds, a marigold, basil, bay leaves, and nutmeg. Inhale the charm whenever you feel threatened, then this will mean you are protected. I also like to use prayer with this charm to Saint Expedite.
St. Expedite, I would appreciate your intercession on behalf of me and protection from all harm. It is my prayer that you protect me from all dangers, both visible and invisible. I ask you to grant me strength and courage in times of trouble and to remind me that God is always with me. Amen.
Where do you cast protection spells?
It is easy to find good energy anywhere there is no interruption, where it is quiet, private, and there is little to no interruption. Due to the fact that I have most of the things I need in my kitchen, I do spells there. Burning things there is also a good idea. It's a great idea to use a special spot like a garden, grove, or pond. Don't let that get in the way of your goals.
When is the best time to do spells?
I like to use a lunar calendar when casting spells. An increase, invitation, or growth can be invoked by a waxing moon. Spells for money, for example. Waning Moon to discover inner secrets and spells for banishing, binding, or decreasing. Spells to end loneliness and financial problems can be carried out on a full Moon which gives maximum power, coven work, sex magick, and love spells.
Spells can also follow the Zodiac. For example:
- Aries: battle - the start in life - also used for new beginnings
- Taurus: money spells and relationship spells
- Gemini: Communication and getting goals set
- Cancer: Moon magick - this is connected to psychic work
- Leo: Leadership - this is used to gain power over others
- Virgo: Purification in life
- Libra: Balance - This is used to protect and get justice in law
- Scorpio: Enabling power in life
- Sagittarius: honesty - expansion
- Capricorn: overcoming obstacles
- Aquarius: Healing
- Pisces: Endings and psychic work
The approach that I feel works first is to define your intention. Now, your intention is the key to your spell's success and it should be the main focus. I will never cast a spell until I feel the effect. Spells won't work if you can focus your will. Otherwise, your spell could have unintended consequences, that is why the intention is important. Therefore, if you want to protect yourself it is important to picture the end result.
Protection Spell Tools and Materials
The most important element I believe is your Will. Your Will needs to be defined and most importantly must focus when you collect the herbs, pick the incense, decorate your altar, and set up your tools. This is where you will need to be familiar with correspondences in order to select the right materials for your spell. To create sacred space and set the mood for a spell, incense, candles, music, ceremonial dress, makeup, or masks may be used. On the altar or other surface, you must have something that represents each Element: earth, air, fire, and water. Alternatively, just having a tidy space ready for your spell will work wonders.
Casting The Cardinal Points
- Call the FOUR Corners (also known as calling quarters)
- Cast the Circle and invoke the arch angels - I sometimes do this with salt.
- Your internal power should be raised. It should be felt between your fingers, similar to the force of two magnets.
- Recite the spell and perform any actions required. A spell's words should be spoken aloud in a commanding voice. This is the Word that comes forth and becomes reality, so let it be.
- Spells are normally all about manifesting words into action.
- Once you have performed the spell it is important to close the circle and ground all the power you have created. Clean up. Complete any actions required by the spell after it has been cast.
Who are the archangels and how do they help in protection spells?
The archangels are powerful celestial beings that can offer protection and guidance. There are many different archangels, each with its own unique energy and purpose. When casting a protection spell, you can call on the energy of specific archangels to help amplify the power of your spell. The four archangels for protection spells include:
- Archangel Michael: The Archangel of Protection. He is a powerful defender and can help to shield you from harm.
- Archangel Raphael: The Archangel of Healing. He can help to heal your body, mind, and spirit.
- Archangel Uriel: The Archangel of Wisdom. He can help you to find clarity and understanding.
- Archangel Gabriel: The Archangel of Strength. He can help you to feel confident and empowered.
I prefer to use archangel Michael, he is the Archangel of Protection. I feel he is a powerful defender and can help to shield you from harm. When calling on his energy for protection, you can visualize him surrounded by a bright white light. This light will help to create a barrier of protection around you. You can also ask Archangel Michael to fill you with his courage and strength.
Consider correspondences like a list of ingredients. What do you do with them? Let's look at the ingredients.
Here are some ways to increase your power
- Invoke the arch angels or spiritual gods.
- Try to work with spirits and elementals - I will detail them below.
- Collaborate with your guides and ask them for help.
- To draw earth energy, go barefoot and ground yourself
- The moon is the source of power. It rises with the moon's waxing and decreases with its waning.
- The full moon is when spells are at their most powerful.
- Directing spells: Properly directed spells will not work. This can be done with images or words. While you cast the spell, you can place representations of the person/thing you wish to have the spell affect on the altar. A few spells require fingernail or hair clippings. I have never used anything like that. Photographs can also be useful.
- Do not try to get exotic items. You can use whatever you have. Use your creativity. You can learn correspondences to find substitutes for spells that require something you don’t have.
- You don't need to be there in order to cast magick for, against, or on behalf of a person. You can use anything that is associated with the person to cast the spell, including documents, letters, gifts, and pictures. You can also use a candle or paper to write the name of the person and date of birth (if you know it).
- You can plant herbs when spells require them and I have named some above.
- Poppets are humanoid figures often seen in hoodoos. It could be a root or a 'voodoo' doll, a chess piece or a simple doll. Therefore, you can choose anything you can find then resemble that person by attaching a photograph. Once a spell is cast, poppets need to be protected or destroyed.
- So where do you find herbs, I often visit the supermarket, florists even garden centers, and health food stores are all fab places to start. While dried herbs can be used as spices, fresh herbs work better. There are many sources available. Find out which trees are growing in your area or your yard. Locate a local farmer's market and/or botanical garden. I have planted an herb garden before and I have a section on my website so you can understand herbalism.
How long will it take for the spell to work?
Some spells will work immediately, while others will take time to full effect. If I didn't see any effect within two weeks, I would repeat the spell to make it stronger. If the spell didn't work, I would move on to the next one. You can try looking at it in a different direction if it is too important for you. Spells can also be used over long distances. Spells can be cast from one continent to the next. This is possible when you have a personal connection with the people or situations involved.
How can candles be used for protection spells?
I prefer using candles. I don’t really do spells anymore now I am old >40+ but in my youth, I would use candles. You can use any type of candle, whether it is from a hardware store, supermarket, or card shop. Votives and tapers are great. Unscented candles work best unless the scent is appropriate for your spell. For example, rose candles for love spells. It is also important to choose the right colors for your candles. A witch will benefit from a stock of candles in different colors.
What about incense?
Joss sticks and smudge sticks, little cones . . The form of the plant is not important. However, the scent must be appropriate for the spell. You can burn some plants and resins directly as incense. You can find other religions through card shops, head shops, and the Internet. If you are interested, learn how to make your own incense. Witches always keep incense handy for spells and offering.
What about the paper to write your protection spell on?
It's impossible to know what paper is made of, so I prefer papyrus or linen bonds. Flax (for linen), and papyrus are two plants that can be used to make paper. Papyrus is from Egypt, so it may be hard to find. However, linen bonds can be purchased at stationers and office supply shops.
What if I want a quick solution for protection?
Sometimes magick can be done without the use of a circle and often using visual aids. These kinds of magick have endless possibilities. This is where creativity is key. I usually use a tray to hold candles, herbs, incense and crystals. As with any spell I choose carefully the materials. The tray is left alone for several days, or even a week until it feels complete. If I feel the need, I might light candles or incense, or I may talk to the tray, explaining my intentions aloud. If there are no results, I will recast the spell with a circle. This is also a way to use spell bottles. The spell can be performed by combining all the ingredients in one bottle that can then be buried.
The difference between black and white magic
Black magic is believed by many to be the essence of witchcraft. No, it isn't. The use of black magic harms innocent people and is evil. In addition to being unsavory, this is also dangerous. When black magicians summon evil, they are often overcome by it and rarely enjoy the benefits of their power for very long. There is white magic in this article that I am sharing with you. Therefore, it was successful in achieving its goal. Spells that cause mischief can be used, but they are not intended to harm innocent people.
Do protection spells really work?
There is no single belief system associated with witchcraft. Practical applications of the Craft are discussed. It is possible for people to believe in Voodoo without being spiritual. Being focused is all about focusing your mind. Perseverance and effort are required. You will eventually enable you to make a positive impact. Depending on your culture and aspiration, you may also learn herbs or other healing skills.
Sorcery has been around for as long as mankind. There has been a practice of it since the beginning of time. Others call it superstition, while others believe it. Whether witchcraft works depends on your decision. A White Magic spell - can only provide one guarantee. If you don't have faith in spells, you won't be able to cast them.
The modern belief system is earth- and nature-oriented. Witchcraft is the source of its origin. There are some powerful traditional healers in this world, who claim to settle his sorrows and worries. These powerful healers have termed it a “Protection Spell” which ranges from a wealth spell to a love spell to a former lover spell to a lucky spell or to anything through the magical rings, by the scent of herbs in fire or by chanting some magical rituals or some other techniques. It is claimed to make people happy by returning peace of mind for some time.
Magical rings are respected and have a deep history in various communities and civilizations with blessings from different images of Celtic Gods & Goddesses. Magical rings are endowed with supernatural powers by a traditional healer to fulfill a specific function for the wearer. These magical rings prevent the penetration of individuals or destructive magic and curses. Magical rings and Spells are customers' needs specific and are different for every person.
Protection spells that work for the stability of peace for your home, your business, your love life, or your married life. You might enjoy peace of mind when you are assured that all your wealth, your assets, your love, your marriage, and your family are safe and secured and will be available to you when you need them. This protection spell helps in defending him against all negative forces and energies. The basic principle behind the success of these spells is the belief in the master or the God to relieve you of your worries.
- Do you have everything you desire?
- Are there frequent troubles of any kind in your life?
- Are you bewitched?
- Are any evil spirits troubling you?
- Are you plagued by obstacles, enemies, setbacks or petty annoyances?
If someone wants to cure a chronic illness or wishes to bring back lost love or protect his family, house or business from evil spirits or even wishes to raise his height, protection spells could be an answer to all these problems. Magic spells can help you to assist in the direction of success. The business spell will help your business to succeed and will make your products more profitable and appealing which increases your sales. Successful spell casting depends on the strength and power of the spell caster. In some countries, pieces of sharp iron, horseshoe nails, and open ends facing down are used to keep dangerous people and their harmful effects out of your house.
Keeping an iron dagger under your pillow prevents attack while you are sleeping. Herbal dream pillows keep you protected whilst you are sleeping. It is advisable to prepare in self-defense for security. To create a Protection Oil, use 1/8 Cup base oil of your choice. This helps to keep you safe from psychological or magical attacks. Use a fragrance of protection oil to discredit yourself and other people in your house.
Add the following to get the protection oil:
- 4 drops Patchouli
- 3 drops Lavender
- 1 drop Moonwort
- 1 drop Hyssop
By Flo Saul
Dec 27, 2016