There will always come a time in your life where everything seems bathed in negative energy.
Maybe nothing is going your way anymore.
In life, such a situation comes in multiples of three: you may one lose money, get a parking ticket and fall over all in the same day. So if negativity eats up some aspects of your life: business, love, luck, prosperity and money it is time to turn to the herbs.
With all religions and beliefs, there are many ways by which to ward off evil and negativity. Every belief has its own remedy. In hoodoo you can try to ward off any bad negativity with a series of herbs used for purification and blessings, in this sense, can be simple or complex depending upon the situation.
This article covers a basic line-up of herbs that can be used for blessings and purification. Keep in mind that these herbs serve roughly the same function in a general sense, but also have other pleasant effects. If your problems seem but a trifle, you can go from sprinkling shreds of these around the house once a week or burning and smoking them with incense.
A more complicated rite will need various other items and implements.
Here are just some of the herbs that are used for blessings and purifications.
Protection herbs include the following:
- Cedrus needles – used for health and vitality rituals, and also protection against evil.
- Cedar – for uncrossing and removing jinxes.
- White Sage – can also be used for spiritual protection.
- Peppermint Leaf - used as an aphrodisiac and for luck.
- Alkanet Root – breaking jinxes.
- Angelica – used in simple rituals for protection from evil.
- Frankincense – can be kept for the purpose of maintaining prosperity.
- Hyssop – used in some preparations to ward evil.
- Lily of the Valley – has calming effects as well.
By Flo Saul
Dec 23, 2012