Uncover hidden occult meanings
A pagan is a practitioner of religious beliefs which are contrary to the mainstream world religions.
Some of the groups which practice paganism encompass diversity with some groups having to concentrate on specific practices, traditions or elements such as witchcraft, ecology, Celtic traditions or on certain gods.
Shamans, Druids, and Wiccans are some of the pagan groups. It is a term that first arose among the Christians of the southern Europe to refer to other religions which are not related to Abrahamic religion that is, Islam and Judaism. That is why Wicca, Witchcraft, and paganism are different entities.
Wicca refers a witchcraft tradition which came to light through Gerald Gardner in the 1950s. Paganism is the practice of the pagan religion which applies to different traditions of faith that are not of the mainstream religion.
Wicca is one of the religion which falls under paganism but not all pagans are Wicca. It automatically means that anyone professing to be a Wicca is a pagan but not everyone who claims to be a pagan is a Wicca. Some witches are pagans while others belong to the mainstream faith. There are those who are pagans and practicing witchcraft.
Some people feel at home when they embrace an earth based religion with some saying that, when they first embraced Wicca, they felt that is where they need to belong while others take it as a journey to something which is new instead of running somewhere else.
How One Becomes a Pagan or a Follower of Nature Spiritualities
In order to become a pagan, Wiccan or a follower of natural spiritualities, one needs to do most of the following:
- Read and listen to several pagan publications, websites, blogs, videos, podcasts and social media from various sources in order to learn about the practices, viewpoints, and philosophies
- Get hold of the pagan books which are readily available in the bookstores and online like Drawing Down the Moon; Paganism An introduction to the earth-centered spirituality by Joyce and River Higginbotham; The Spiritual Dance by Starhawk. These are some of the books which can nourish someone to become a pagan.
- There are several pagan festivals which run throughout the year, attend them. The well-known one is the Pagan Spirit Gathering, which is held during the Summer Solstice in June between 19 a 25 every year.
- Through social media and email, one can be able to contact other pagans living in their area, then when confident, make a face to face contact. If under age, parental permission is a must or one has to wait until they are of legal age before joining a pagan group.
- During Full moon, Sabbat festivals, one is at liberty to visit the Circle Sanctuary for pagans to learn more about paganism.
- Check out for classes, retreats, seminars, and other learning experiences can be a good source of information about the pagan cult.
- The Circle Sanctuary membership is open to pagan and all those who want to practice nature, spirituality which incorporates respect and reverence for nature, join.
We hope you liked this article. Please support us by liking us on Facebook. Thank you in advance.